Energy?

C J
on 10/28/15 1:29 pm - , TN

I stay tired CONSTANTLY!!!!!! Please tell me all of the wonderful stories of the return of your energy!!!! I am so hoping mine returns!

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 1:45 pm, edited 10/28/15 5:10 pm

I stay tired CONSTANTLY!!!!!! Please tell me all of the wonderful stories of the return of your energy!!!! I am so hoping mine returns!

CJ

*I guess I should clarify, I haven't had my sleeve yet. I will be having it in Dec....had Lap Band removed 3 years ago. I was meaning energy brought about by weight loss. Sorry.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 5:00 pm

Really? This is NOT what I posted! What the heck is wrong with this site lately!!!!

Sorry - my original post basically said - yes it comes back in spades!

C J
on 10/28/15 5:12 pm - , TN

Somehow I did that to your post....I didn't even get a chance to read it. I decided I needed to edit my original post, and it changed yours. That is crazy. I tried to fix it, but it wouldn't change. oops.....sorry..... I have no idea how that happened.

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 5:21 pm

Well, I'm glad that mystery is solved!

I do promise that your energy will return. Some people have a harder time getting revved up again. Their bodies really divert all energy into healing. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race. If you're early out from your revision, it's most important to focus on staying amply hydrated and getting your minimum protein requirements. The energy will come.

Mine was back by about 10 days and just kept improving. I'm a total energizer bunny now. Yesterday was about a 15 hour day until I settled down to dinner and relaxed. No problem at all. Just go, go, go! I take little down time breaks throughout the day, but I'm very rarely what I would consider tired - EVER! And that is a big switch from my morbidly obese days.

suzyq584
on 10/28/15 1:54 pm

I had surgery on 10/08/15, twenty days ago. I returned to work yesterday and have not been at all tired or groggy. This morning before work I took the dogs for a quick mile walk. At work I go for short walks every hour or so and tonight when I get home, will walk the dogs again for about a mile or more. I guess my energy is back because that is more than I was doing pre-surgery.

I notice that I need less sleep as well and am just overall more active.

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

texasbumpkin
on 10/28/15 4:37 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Are you getting in all your fluid? Dehydration can cause fatigue. I know that I get tired if I have not gotten in enough water.

C J
on 10/28/15 5:14 pm - , TN

I'm sorry...I wasn't clear. I haven't had my sleeve yet. I am having it in Dec. I was just wondering about energy following weight loss.

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

psychoticparrot
on 10/28/15 5:14 pm

You don't have to hope your energy will return; it will return. Major surgery affects everyone differently. The aftereffects of the surgery and the anesthesia can leave you exhausted for weeks afterward. It took 3 months after my surgery until I started to feel normal again, let alone energetic. But once you recover fully and have lost some significant weight, you will discover an abundance of energy and zest for living, perhaps more than you ever felt before in your life! I'm older than you, so I hope it doesn't take as long for you, but it will happen.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

C J
on 10/28/15 5:16 pm - , TN

I'm sorry...I wasn't clear. I haven't had my sleeve yet. I am having it in Dec. I was just wondering about energy following weight loss. Sorry about that....and when I try to edit my original post, it changes the post below mine. It's nuts.

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views