Have ya'll heard of this before?

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/15 8:01 am
RNY on 05/04/15

You're very welcome! If your machine has one set pressure (instead of auto-adjusting each night), you might want to ask your doc about getting retested to see if you can use a lower pressure setting, which can make it more comfortable. I used an auto-set machine prior to my apnea resolving, and it was fun to look at the data downloads every morning to see the average pressure drop consistently until it barely moved at all from the starting pressure.  

FuturePinUp
on 11/17/15 12:06 pm

I am in the "always will have it" camp. I have had sleep apnea since I was like, 10 years old and a normal 10-year-old weight. Of course, gaining weight makes it so much worse, but I am planning on surgery down the road to clear up the excess tissue that is causing my apnea, as I cannot use a CPAP machine. My body can't regulate my breathing at all when I do (may be a panic-related issue), so when I wear one (even just over the nose) I feel like I can't breathe and that I'm suffocating akin to facing a huge gust of wind and not being able to breathe. Part of getting my VSG surgery was to make me healthier for the throat one.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

zann50
on 11/18/15 9:53 am

The primary question in regards to sleep apnea is to ask if you have a "central" or "obstructive" diagnosis...very different.  Your pulmonologit will be the most effective in explaining the two and how it relates to your future with using sleep device.

Best of luck in your weight loss journey!

Karen H.
on 11/20/15 3:18 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Thank you!!! I will ask that question which would be good to know! :) I started back on the machine this week. But, I think by using it... I got a terrible cold from it. Is this possible? Oh well, I get over it. Thank you again for the info!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views