1 bite too much

Wendi74
on 11/9/15 4:39 pm
VSG on 10/14/15

i had just 1 bite too much and almost threw up...it is crazy how 1 bite can send you over....and it wasn't even 3 ounces of food....crazy

Amy M.
on 11/9/15 4:43 pm, edited 11/9/15 8:44 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I know exactly what you mean.. I get the same thing.  If I have one bite too much my stomach is gurgling, I can feel it in my chest and it's like I have to lay flat on my back or my stomach hurts.  Not a good feeling :-(  Make sure you keep weighing your food.  If 3 oz is too much maybe go down to 2!  I don't know how far out you are but I kept my portions around 2 ounces until I was about 8 or 9 months post op.

edit 

I see your surgery was last month.  3 ounces may definitely be too much food for you.  What types of food are you currently eating?

Wendi74
on 11/9/15 5:03 pm
VSG on 10/14/15

I am on soft foods and can normally handle 3 ounces and be comfortable... Not so tonight.

msecanales
on 11/9/15 7:24 pm

Well, I am officially worried! I am on soft foods and can eat a cup=8oz of turkey chili with no problem! No restriction what so ever! Had I not measured my food, I would have probably eaten more. I'm kinda upset and disappointed!

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

SDenae
on 11/9/15 7:53 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Goodness. I get sick at even the thought of eating that much. You may want to talk to your surgeon. It doesn't sound right to me. (But I'm no professional, so...)

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

FuturePinUp
on 11/10/15 11:46 am

Eep! You really don't start to feel a restriction up until the 1 month mark - because the nerves are all severed, etc. That's why at the beginning its SO important to measure your food and stop when you're done. You really don't want to run the risk of any complications.

Of course, texture of food is very important, so if the chili is very watery, you may be able to get more down, but you shouldn't go over what your doctor recommended via your post-op plan. For me, that was 1/4 cup of hearty soup, and 1/2 cup if the soup was about 50/50 broth and protein.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

frisco
on 11/9/15 6:25 pm

In reality you probably had 3 to many bites.

Learn to under eat your capacity !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Neonanrs
on 11/14/15 7:14 pm

I just want to say that I have read all of your post.  Thank you so much for helping me navigate my new sleeve under eating my sleeve and slowing down on the water intake has helped me a lot. I just wanted you to know that.

Mia Price

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

frisco
on 11/15/15 12:28 am

Thanks !

It means a lot when I have helped!

There is a lot to this process that is not on the brochure or have case studies.

I chuckle at the people that say..... I only follow case studies and pier reviews.....good luck with that because there is not much out there and what's out there seems to be based on low percentage results.

Keep learning and building that foundation and stay committed to yourself and the process and you will rewarded !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ready2goNOW
on 11/10/15 8:19 am

Wendi,

I had surgery right around the same time as you. I had no difficulty getting my water or protein in for the most part, and as I advanced thru the food stages I did fine with 4...sometimes up to 6 ounces of pureed and soft foods. It kind of worried me!

I advance to my full diet tomorrow, but since Sunday I have felt the same feeling you describe. I guess my stomach has healed enough and I am now feeling the restriction. I have had to scale back to 2-3 ounces of soft food or I get that yucky feeling!

This has sure been an interesting ride in just under a month! Learning a lot!

Kathy

Most Active