Another "HELP" Post Here.. :)

Karen H.
on 11/18/15 2:03 am
VSG on 12/08/14

On Dec 7, I will be ONE year out. Started at 240... down to 143. I have been bouncing back and forth one pound for about 7 weeks now. I just can't get below 143! Here are my issues:

1. I have been off my CPAP machine for two months. I have "mild" sleep apnea. I started back on the CPAP last night realizing I need to stay on it from previous post. 
  2. 2. I stay constipated! I have been taking miralax, 3 scoops a day, no results. I get so miserable I end up taking an e-lax pill to get relief. I drink 64-100 oz of water a day. I feel like my body is relying on e-lax to get a good BM. I don't know what to do to get my body to do its own thing without relying on e-laxs. 
  3. 3. I am getting in 100 grams of protein a day but I know I am taking in too many carbs. Not sure how many but I know it is more than 40 / day. I mainly eat turkey sausages, chobani greek yogurts, apples, oranges, premier protein bars,nectar syntax protein drinks (with water only),  cheese sticks. That's my daily intake. Go ahead and tell me what i'm doing wrong here. I know it doesn't sound right. I am getting too many carbs from the yogurt. 
  4. I don't have the energy to exercise like I did in the past months. So, no.... I'm not exercising. I feel like it is because I have not been using the CPAP machine causing me to have no energy. Your thoughts?
  5. I have this fear of gaining my weight back. I have not gained any "yet" just up and down one pound during my 7 week stall now. But, I feel this "monster" or "demon" inside me telling me, "You're going to be one of those that GAINS the weight back!"    I REALLY NEED some advice to get me back on track here. I have come too far to even begin to look the other way!! I feel proud of my weight loss but right now, I have NO energy and I really don't think my diet is good, or is it?  Is this "stall" normal? What can I do about my lack of BMs?  Thank you for taking the time to read this and I really appreciate "any" advice or suggestions you may have for me. :)
  6. Karen

Bufflehead
on 11/18/15 2:17 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

If you don't know how many carbs you are taking in, I would guess you aren't weighing/measuring your food and aren't tracking your intake. Those are the two big things I would start doing. Yes, it's a pain and it sucks . . . but it sounds like you need to do it, at least to get yourself out of this stall. You probably need to lower your carbs and your calories both, and knowing what you are taking in (precisely) will help you see where you can cut out certain foods, or substitute something else for them. Personally I would stay away from oranges, protein bars, and cheese sticks. Try adding more fiber in with lots of green veggies instead. I see absolutely zero green veggies in your list of foods, and that may be part of your poop problem.

Yogurt, especially all natural yogurt like Chobani, is good for your digestive tract, so I would keep that. Consider adding in the green veggies I mentioned, a little dried fruit, some berries (raspberries, blackberries), and black coffee. Exercise is fantastic for getting things moving as well. Even just walking will help!

Good luck to you on this last push! You can do it. I think being scared of regain is a good thing. It will help you avoid complacency and keep you working.

cappy11448
on 11/18/15 4:15 am

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. 

Have you had your blood work checked recently?  I'm wondering if there is a vitamin or iron deficiency?  I'd check with your doctor.  It may be easily remedied.

In terms of diet, make sure you are meeting your protein needs.  That's important. Also carbs can cause cravings, and aren't particularly good for nutrition.  I found that I didn't have room for much more than my protein needs until I was 6-months post op.  Then I added low carb veggies, not carbs. 

Good luck.

I hope you feel better soon.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Daelcare
on 11/18/15 9:35 am - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

I'd switch yogurt!  Chobani has about 19 grams of carbs vs. Dannon Light & Fit Greek that only has 9...also only has 80 calories vs. 120...there's a start!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

Most Active