Day 2...I'm home!

Tink3125
on 12/1/15 4:59 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Well first night was not bad at all. I actually got some sleep which is amazing since I still haven't had pain meds. Before discharge had to do a swallow test to make sure there were no leaks. All was good. My BP decided to go wonkers today. I've never had high blood pressure but of course today it goes sky high. Finally came down and I was discharged.

I would have to say that the gas is probably the worst part of this surgery. (as many have posted it was). I've been walking around as much as possible. I was given green light to do the clear liquids so I've been sipping away and even a small amount of jello. Yesterday when I woke up the thoughts of what did I just do. what was I thinking..did I really voluntarily have the majority of my stomach removed crossed through my mind. Then I thought yes I did and I did it so I could be a healthier me. So suck it up buttercup and let's move forward.

One day at a time!

I want to thank everyone for their support. I have learned so much from this site and the wonderful people who are willing to share their stories.

Tink

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/15 5:31 pm

I'm so glad that your recovery is off to such a good start. Mine was super easy, too. Gas pain was uncomfortable for me, too, but it was pretty short lived. As your abdominal muscles heal you may feel like you've done way too many sit ups for a week or so and turning in bed can be problematic. Hey, maybe you'll be really lucky and avoid that part! 

As you know, now it's sip, sip, sip, sip.....

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/15 5:56 pm

Best of luck to you! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/15 6:01 pm

Great to hear you are doing so well. That part of your stomach you had removed...it caused you nothing but trouble..better off with out it ! LOL!

LA5767
on 12/2/15 7:07 am

So glad to see you are home and feeling hopeful.

I am gonna keep an eye on you and your posts as I am still out a ways from even being scheduled, December I will have my 3rd Doctor Supervised Weight loss appointment......so yeah I while.

Stay positive!!!

Lynne

Tink3125
on 12/3/15 3:10 am
VSG on 12/01/15

It will be here before you know it! Keep in touch! Add me if you would like.

MaraFaith
on 12/2/15 10:14 am - denham springs, LA

So glad to hear you were able to sleep. I remember having to pee every hour on the hour, and being poked by random phlebotomist almost constantly.

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

ubserved
on 12/2/15 4:10 pm

Probably more information than you will want, I think the worst part for me other than my first day of sipping, was the fact I hadn't been able to have a sit down if you gather my meaning for 5 days, I called the surgeons office, the medical asst. ( I could hear her smirk) said take some milk of magnesia and boom, the flood gates opened and I was praying for deliverance post haste, picture the beginning of Scary Movie 2 in the James Woods scene. Other than that, I haven't had any problem following the program. 

Tink3125
on 12/3/15 3:08 am
VSG on 12/01/15

I haven't had that problem. Mine has been the opposite. it just hits me and I better get there fast! Of course when you are on nothing but clear liquids I wouldn't think there would be much there other than liquid anyway.

I'm glad you are doing well!

Tink

ubserved
on 12/3/15 8:26 am

Likewise. Although I did have my first experience with a food my body no longer likes or at least doesn't like just yet, I had some pureed egg salad yesterday, about 4-5 small spoonfuls over about 30-40 minutes. About an hour later, OMG. I was sitting at my desk in my home office and it was like a hammer hit, I felt like I wasn't going to make it to the bathroom which was about 25 feet away. I'm like ok, that's a food choice that's put on hold for now, now it's just trying to figure out if it was the egg or the mayo. Lol. I should have stepped on a scale after that, I probably would have logged another pound or two off. Lol!

Most Active