finally starting to feel good

LisaKelley
on 12/4/15 4:46 pm

9 weeks post op and finally starting to feel good.

I thought it would never happen.  It was a tough road for me and hopefully the worst is over.

I still can only eat about 2-3 ounces 3 times a day, but it seems to be working.

I am sleeping better which is so good.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/15 5:18 pm

Glad you're feeling better! 

2-3 ounces per meal at 9 weeks post op sounds spot on. I didn't hit 3 ounces solidly until about 5 months out. It takes time for the swelling to go down and for your sleeve to "mature" to its final size. Don't help it along by trying to eat larger portions. That will happen without any help from you and you will be very glad that you let it happen naturally (well, as naturally as a restructured stomach can be! LOL!).

I have yet to meet any VSG patient more than 18 months out who wishes he/she could eat more. Most of us (including myself) wouldn't mind at all going back to that new post op restriction! For us formerly obese the mental/emotional inclination to eat to capacity is usually waiting unseen ready to make its comeback. That's why so many VSG patients work on "under eating" their sleeves. 

You are now on the very best part of your journey. The next months will hold delights, huge accomplishments, and explorations into the world of "normal weighted" people. It's a hell of a ride. Hang on and enjoy to the fullest! 

SilverGirl2015
on 12/4/15 6:53 pm

Honestly, it took me until about 4 months post op to really feel good, normal energy level, sleeping well, feeling hydrated and eating regularly.  Totally worh it to finally feel  like "I've got this".  Feeling very optimistic!  Hang in there!  You are doing great!

SDenae
on 12/4/15 9:19 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Glad you're feeling better!

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views