on 12/8/15 10:53 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Awesome year! Congrats!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Karen H.
on 12/8/15 11:45 am
VSG on 12/08/14

First, I want to thank all of you for the kind and encouraging words!! :) I just got home from my one year doctor's appt. I was told 

not to lose any more weight. I told the doctor I still see the finish line just in front of me!! I started at 240 at my highest weight and I am 4 lbs away from 140! I want to make it an even 100 lbs off. He laughed and said he totally understood where I was coming from but if I never lost another pound, he was totally happy. My BMI was 24.8. All my numbers looked great! HEALTHY, YAY!!! I was told to come back in one year. I thought, well, maybe by that time I will have that 4 pounds off! LOL Oh, and the doctor said I could have surgery to get rid of all my lose skin. I asked, "will my insurance cover that?" "No, but we have a great payment plan." I said, I'll just keep the lose skin. I feel like an old hound dog!! I can wod it all up !! LOL At my age, I'll just cover it up and keep my money. :)  Thanks again for all the kind words!  

P.S. Just have to mention this..... I'm going to be a healthy grandma in a few weeks!! :) 

psychoticparrot
on 12/8/15 5:56 pm

Congratulations on (just about) reaching goal and on your soon-to-arrive grandchild. I don't know if you have any others, but if this is your first grandchild, get ready for some of the best experiences this world has to offer. And that you're healthy enough to really enjoy him/her is a joy beyond description.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

mhogans
on 12/8/15 9:29 pm
VSG on 05/28/13

First CONGRATS!!

One thing that should help with the constipation is to increase your water intake. The other thing that i have found is having a small cup of coffee seems to get everything moving again as well.

I know what you mean about that little voice. I still have that little voice in my head after 2 1/2 years. I've been able to keep the weight off for the most part. Yes there are times when my weight goes up, but once I see that I'm up a few pounds more then what I want I focus on what I've been doing and change back to where I need to be.

Don't let your family get the best of you, you can do this. You have come this far and will continue to do everything you need to do for you. Remember why you made the choice to get healthy and let that be your motivation to stay healthy!

Michelle

"For every pound dropped it's one less pound to worry about in my future."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views