Fighting food addiction and regain

Grim_Traveller
on 1/13/16 6:00 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It's grwat to see you back, and winning the battle. It takes courage to admit you had a problem, and face it head on. Thanks for posting.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/16 8:03 pm

Hey, my friend. So good to "see" you posting again. It's been too long - both in person and here. 

You and I have led somewhat parallel lives on the food front for the past couple years. It's been tough, I know, but I'm glad you're back where you are at peace and understand yourself better. That's so important. I've learned for myself that I do need to abstain from sugar, if I want to stay in control. While I don't seem to have a particular problem with white flour, I am choosing to stay away from refined wheat foods. It's pretty darn nice to be rid of the pull towards carbs. 

I'm glad OA is meeting your needs! That's awesome! I went to a few meetings, but the two groups I tried didn't appeal too much. I went a different route, but pretty much ended up in the same place. 

Hope you stick around a bit and share your journey. I'm glad you checked in! Big hugs! (Give Shagdoll my best next time you chat. Miss her, too!)

acbbrown
on 1/14/16 9:37 am - Granada Hills, CA

Miss you!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Tracy D.
on 1/14/16 9:08 am, edited 1/14/16 1:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I am SO happy to see you back on here, Alison!!!  And I'm thrilled that you found recovery with the OA program.  I am devoted to OA myself and consider it one of the biggest "tools" in my arsenal to fight obesity, besides sleeve surgery.  I've talked it up alot on these boards over the last couple years and I'm always excited to hear when it has clicked for someone else.  

Welcome back! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

acbbrown
on 1/14/16 9:38 am - Granada Hills, CA

Thank you!

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Nikke2003
on 1/14/16 11:28 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm so happy to see you post! You truly have been my biggest inspiration and that certainly has not changed. I can't thank you enough for giving me so much hope when I was early on this process!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

INgirl
on 1/14/16 1:47 pm

Hi! It's good to see you, and see you finding something that's giving you some hope and happiness- you deserve all of it! I don't pop on or post very often (I used to under Jo777 way back), once in a while I'll get on a spree of checking out the OH boards. It's cool to see folks that had surgery near the same time as me stop in and say hello. Sugar, carbs, and alcohol seem to be the big three that can topple any surgery, keep up the fight!!

acbbrown
on 1/14/16 9:07 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Hey there! Glad our paths crossed :)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

psychoticparrot
on 1/14/16 3:45 pm

I, too, believe that one can be addicted to the wrong kinds of food and have found OA to be a source of tremendous help, not only in curbing my compulsive overeating (greatly assisted by the sleeve now), but also in improving myself as a person. I learned to overcome my phobia of flying in airliners by attending OA meetings and putting the steps to work. "It works if you work it." Just like the sleeve!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

acbbrown
on 1/14/16 9:07 pm - Granada Hills, CA

It's nice to meet other people here in OA. I have to stop myself from talking about it non stop :)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views