One month already!

Tink3125
on 1/7/16 12:06 pm, edited 1/7/16 12:20 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Haven't posted in a while because my last post turned into a three ring circus. Thought I would try again because I have made some many friends on here, not going to let that keep me away.

Went today for my one month follow up. Wow!! has it already been a month?! First I have to say I would do this all over again and again. I have not felt this good in a very long time. Not just physically but emotionally as well. Last week I went through my clothes and got rid of 6, yes 6 bags of clothes that I can no longer wear. What am amazing feeling to purge and find things in my closet that I can now wear. Of course it means I can go to Goodwill and find me some new things because now I'm not left with very many things. I did keep the one pair of jeans of my largest size to have for those "after shots"

Another NSV, this past weekend I went with my softball playing 14 yr old daughter on her first unofficial visit to a college campus. We walked all over that place. If I had not lost the weight I have, there is no way I would have made it without having to drive around. I think I logged almost 20,000 steps that day. Walking beside her without having to stop and catch my breath made me feel amazing. Of course the best part of the day was when the college offered her a scholarship to play there...pretty much a full ride!

I have now lost 65 lbs since starting this journey!! I know you can't see me doing my happy dance, but I am dancing!  That is like carrying two of my grandsons around at the same time. No wonder I felt like crap! Best thing the doc said to me as I was leaving..."I will see less of you in March!"

Tink

LS2dv8
on 1/7/16 12:17 pm

That isffantastic news. Congrats on doing an awesome  job! Yay

LS2DV8

yesican2
on 1/7/16 12:45 pm

I think our surgeries were only a couple days apart and I have to say, I am feeling great too!  Like you, I feel like I could walk and walk--my joints and back no longer hurt.

These are great NSVs to have - glad you're doing so well!!

psychoticparrot
on 1/7/16 1:15 pm

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

anewbodforme2015
on 1/7/16 1:15 pm - Canada

That's awesome Tink! What a great feeling, isn't it? I haven't gone through my clothes yet I still wear them even if the a baggy.

I had my first month follow up yesterday (I'm actually five weeks post) I'm down 22lbs since surgery 81 since I started. 

Tink3125
on 1/7/16 4:47 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Yay!! Way to go!  Keep in touch like talking with people the same new birthday!

LosinginAZ
on 1/7/16 1:24 pm

Congrats! Sorry about your last post, just like in life there are some people here who just want to bring others down. Do not let it keep you away :) You are doing such a great job, and congrats on your daughter's scholarship!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

thallnc
on 1/7/16 3:24 pm - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

It only gets better!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

paflyersgal
on 1/7/16 5:39 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Congrats on your success so far! I wish you the best always! 

Karen

ubserved
on 1/7/16 7:14 pm

You go girl! I am so excited for you!!!

Most Active