STUFF IS ABOUT TO GET REAL !

weigh2long
on 1/19/16 2:11 pm

Ok Ive been lurking here almost daily for the past 9 months. I have learned so much from all of you . And it has helped me beyond words. So thanks for all your post ! I have a Surgery date of Feb 29, leap year ! So yea its about to get real !I am so excited , and scared at the same time . Feel as though I want to prepare as much as possible.Thoughts of what I better eat while I can do creep up now and then. My surgeon does offer to do it robotically ,if I am a canidate .Any thoughts? 

ubserved
on 1/19/16 3:54 pm

It's just my opinion, I don't like the robotic options, there is no way a computer can make up for the human evaluation and needs. If the computer determines to cut from point a to point b and if your liver is somewhat in the way, oh well, statistics are made up from someone right? Yes I know I am over dramatizing it, but still, that would concern me greatly. Robotics is fine for building cars and such where everything is the same, but none of us is completely identical on the inside. Good luck with whichever way you choose.

staceylynne13
on 1/19/16 7:39 pm
VSG on 01/06/16

i had robotically assisted sleeve surgery. robotic assist doesn't mean a computer does all the work. what it means is that there are five or six smaller incisions where instruments are inserted and the dr uses a camera and screen to view and make the decisions on what to move and where to cut. it is less scarring and less of a cut as opposed to a large abdominal incision. i had very little pain after and the incisions are healing nicely. talk to your surgeon to get yourself informed about the process and the differences. my surgeon prefers the robotic as the incisions heal faster and with less pain and possible infection.

weigh2long
on 1/20/16 4:32 am

Thanks,for your reply.Yes I have appointment to talk with my surgeon about this. I hear it can be quicker recovery time .

JudithJohnson
on 1/20/16 5:36 am
VSG on 12/03/15

All WLS are done laporascopic to begin with. My doctor says because of that a robot is not needed and that there are no advantages to it.

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

Most Active