How do you drink water when you're so cold all the time.

brownblonde
on 2/3/16 7:52 am

I am extremely cold natured now.  My extremities are very chilly.  I never liked water and now I hate it because the last thing I want is something cold.  So I drink coffee.  Lots and lots of coffee.  But I feel like it's dehydrating me and my skin has become very dry.  Any suggestions?

thallnc
on 2/3/16 7:56 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

I know what you are saying. I drink warm green tea in the mornings if I need to warm up.

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

michellemj
on 2/3/16 7:57 am

Room temp water?

and I hear you on the cold, esp. in my office. I'm always wearing a hoodie and usually a scarf. Bu****er is one of those things that I know we need, kinda like protein shakes in the early days, so I just make sure I do it.

alouisa63
on 2/3/16 8:01 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I drink room temp water.  Cold water makes me feel colder and I really don't need that~!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

emelar
on 2/3/16 8:17 am - TX

I heat the water and drink it warm.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/3/16 8:19 am
VSG on 01/11/16

chicken broth is my favorite drink right now, when I get sick of it I'll have some apple spice tea with vanilla premier protein for creamer

Spencerella
on 2/3/16 8:55 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I'm not a fan of water so I drink herbal tea or ho****er with fresh lemon or ginger. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/3/16 9:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I was SUPER cold right after surgery, and I live in Arizona!

Caffeine is not actually dehydrating. It may make you pee more, but it's not going to dry your skin out. Wintertime brings dry air, which can cause dry skin, and a low-fat diet can contribute as well.

If you're worried about your caffeine intake, could you switch to decaf? Or half-caf?

Hot tea is a good option, especially decaf. I also drank a lot of warm chicken broth and veggie bullion right after surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

psychoticparrot
on 2/3/16 9:19 am

Take a freshly washed lemon and peel off, using a potato peeler, a few thin strips of lemon zest (yellow only, no white pith). Put the strips into a cup of boiling water and let steep a few minutes. Lemon-flavored, non-caloric goodness!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

grayC
on 2/3/16 9:42 am
VSG on 05/01/13

For a long time after surgery, when I could no longer stand cold water,  esp. In the winter

I would drink (just below) simmering water,  mixed with a crystal lite packet..

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views