2 Year Surgiversary Update!

MAchick
on 2/6/16 8:40 am
VSG on 01/27/14

So I'm a little late, as my two year surgiversary was on 1/27   :-P

I love my sleeve!

My HW was 272 (that I know of), and I currently rest around low to mid 160s. This morning I was 165 at 5'6. I wear a size 10 comfortably, though I could probably squeeze into an 8 if I tried....but who the heck wants to squeeze into anything?! For tops and dresses I am usually a M-L, depending on the brand. For bras, I started out 38/40DD, and am now a 36 C/D. My shoe size has gone down as well.

For those just starting out, take advantage of your honeymoon for as long as you can!! I put myself into maintenance too early, and wish I had lost a few more lbs! When you are newly sleeved, you feel invincible! But if you start eating poorly and think, "But I'm still loosing!"...you're wrong. You may be losing pounds, but you are gaining a false security of your stomach doing all the work for you. You WILL be able to eat much more than you think, and you need to CHOOSE to not eat it.

My weight varies, but I constantly check myself and reign it in if I see the scale creep up. I don't crash diet, I just go back to my way of eating. Dense protein, lots of water, and fresh veggies.

I know that this is the year where things will definitely get tricky, so I am setting myself up for that battle!

Just make sure to love yourself, and know that you are worth all the good things this magnificent change has to offer.

acbbrown
on 2/6/16 9:09 am - Granada Hills, CA

Congrats!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Grim_Traveller
on 2/6/16 9:14 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You've done fantastic. There was no doubt that you would.

You are right about the third year getting tougher. But I have no doubt you'll do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

MAchick
on 2/6/16 9:16 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Thanks Grim! I'm ready for it!!

sweettooth58
on 2/7/16 6:19 am - IL

The 3rd year if no****ched you could be right where you started...I am 3 years and gained 15 pounds back so hang in there. I am back on track and getting back on the scale everyday again.

psren13
on 2/6/16 12:17 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Great post..especially hit home for me.  Maintenance, unintentionally, but still maintenance.  I want to lose at least 15 more lbs.  And you are so right.  Back to basics, which we have all heard/read on here many many times.  We get too complacent and feel like we are ready to eat stuff that we probably will never really be ready to eat because of the "triggers".  Need to put the "blinders" back on and stay commitedly focused.  And then, at least 5 lbs under goal weight just for the slight ups and downs.  Yes, keep weighing daily and keep in check.  Weighing and measuring.. Remember the feeling when the weight finally was coming off and you finally found the tool that was going to help achieve that dream of an acceptable weight.  Don't lose sight of that dream or that feeling.  The tool is there.  It is up to us to work that tool and obey the "rules".  

You have done fantastically well and look just simply great.,  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/16 1:23 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

MAchick you look amazing! :) You're an inspiration to newbies like me. Congratulations on your two year surgiversary! :D

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/6/16 11:43 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Simply beautiful! 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

billmacc7
on 2/7/16 6:14 am - MA

Congratulations on your success keep up the great work !

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/7/16 9:04 am

Wonderful!!! Congratulations!!! 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views