Losing the regain - down 32 lbs

TeashaLorna
on 2/12/16 5:16 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I am so happy for you Alisson. I hear you about the abstinence from certain things. I know it is exactly the same for me. I am not normal, never have been and never will be. It is exactly like an alcoholi when I have those foods, I am crazed and my thought process is totally skued and I can't seem to reign it in.

Thank you for sharing and keep up. Peace and Serenity to you!  Hugs Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

My New Life
on 2/12/16 10:36 am

Hi.  I am SO PROUD OF YOU~! 

I too am starting to regain some weight.   Can you PLEASE advise me as to what you are eating?  I really would appreciate a mentor in this struggle. 

Thank you for being such a good example!

Mary Anne

Nikke2003
on 2/12/16 11:14 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

So glad to hear this! I'm so happy to hear things are looking up. You have always been such an inspiration to so many, including me. Thank you for sharing your story!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

PaulaToronto
on 2/12/16 3:07 pm - Toronto, Canada

Wow, just wow! I am so thrilled for you. Congrats on the program and the amazing weight loss in two months.

I too am slowly coming to accept abstinence although it is very, very hard.  Flour and sugar aren't my problems, rather its fruit and nuts.  I keep fighting to do moderation and fail and fail and fail.  I have the OA meetings near me tacked to my fridge but haven't gone yet. I have been doing a lot of reading in the area and have recognized for a long while that I am addicted but have a hard time accepting I can never have fruit or nuts again.  I know I need to stay in the moment and not worry about tomorrow.  Any tips for acceptance?

You inspire me. Thanks for posting and helping me believe abstinence can work.  Paula

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

acbbrown
on 2/12/16 4:02 pm - Granada Hills, CA

For me, when it came to acceptance, it took me a year of keeping my big toe in OA. I finally heard enough people's  stories to take a leap of faith that abstinence would give me the peace and serenity around food that others had. After even just a week of a abstinence I found that the obsessions around food and cravings were hugely diminished. 

I read a lot of literature about 12 step programs but mainly the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous that OA is based off. It has a lot of insight that made acceptance easier. 

It's the peace and serenity around food that helps me make a daily commitment to abstinence. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

brilynn79
on 2/12/16 10:05 pm

It's nice to read about your success.  I took a stressful sedentary job and have gained 15 lbs in 9 months.  Just headed back to the boards for motivation before it gets too far gone.

NYMom222
on 2/13/16 8:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you for realizing things had become unmanageable. For me pre-planning my food has been part of my plan. I know with being abstinent you don't change you food, once it is planned... I do sometimes but it takes away the "Oh, what will I eat now" factor....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CathyWray
on 2/13/16 9:49 am - Madison, TN

Hi, I didn't have the weight gain but needed Overeaters Anonymous Online for my head.  I have been doing so much better.  I am happy you made this post!!!

PaulaToronto
on 3/16/16 2:25 pm - Toronto, Canada

Just an update on the power of your post. I committed fully to abstinence on Feb 14. That included all of my trigger foods.  I accepted that I cannot just do this for a month and then test myself to see if I can finally become a moderate eater.  So it is a day at a time forever.

In the past month I have lost 6 pounds which I am thrilled about.  In total 18 of my regain pounds are gone and I am very optimistic that I can re - lose all of my regain.

I have started OA meetings online and now that I have time shift on my TV I can watch my Thursday shows without missing a live meeting in my area. 

Thank-you so very very much.  I have never felt this way mentally except for pre-surgery and first 9 months.  There is a peace I love. There is major difference from abstaining for now and planning to eat trigger food again in the future and a decision to abstain for ever by taking it a day at a time. I stay present and do mindfulness daily. You and a new book out of Canada called "Food Junkies" helped me understand the difference between emotional eating, overeating/bingeing and addiction. I have all three of course.

How has the last month been for you? 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

acbbrown
on 3/16/16 2:37 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Overall really good as I'm down another 8lbs. But I've had some emotional ups and downs that I've had to deal with. OA makes it possible for me to actually deal rather than shove the issues down with food. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views