Aggravated!

handtlkr
on 2/13/16 7:34 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I know its part of the process, but it can be very frustrating and aggravating!  I have ALWAYS been a slow weight-loss loser.  That's why I opted for the surgery.  I don't know why I would have thought that would up the amps.  I've lost about 35 pounds in the nearly two months since my surgery, and I realize that's a good thing, but I see others (even those I work with) losing so much more so much more quickly.  When I was eating only 1200 calories a day, before surgery, I was maintaining my weight and had to get down to 1000 calories a day to lose even one pound a month.  Talk about SLOW metabolism. That's aggravating enough, but I find myself seeming to stall about every 3 weeks.  After that stall, suddenly the pounds drop off and I'll have a 5-8 pound loss all the sudden.  My clothes do tell another story and it's getting ridiculous to try to wear what I was wearing.  I'm having to do a lot of clothes shopping recently. It's all a mind-game I guess, but hard to chase the wagon, when you feel like you've fallen off.  I have no other choice, though. That's why I went for the surgery.  Still glad I did it and no regrets, though. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/13/16 8:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Sounds like you're pretty average to me. Not slow ar all. I lost about 5 more pounds than you over the first two months combined. But I was also a LOT bigger than you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

acbbrown
on 2/13/16 9:01 am - Granada Hills, CA

Comparing is a dangerous road to travel. Expectations are the killers of joy. Gratitude is the quickest way to improve your mood.

35 lbs over too months is a lot of weight. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ubserved
on 2/13/16 9:13 am

Everyone's body is different. I too have a stall about every 3-4 weeks and it lasts like a week or so, then boom, several pounds lost virtually overnight. I understand, it's frustrating as hell.  Just keep your eyes on the prize and carry through it. Your body is just getting used to the new you. Good luck.

Karen D.
on 2/13/16 9:22 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

You just described me down to the letter!  I am almost 3 months post op and I'm down 35lbs.  I've been at the same weight since late January.  I get so discouraged when I step on the scales.  I'm working hard at this and I would like to see some progress.

I'm trying to be patient.  I think I'm going to change the activity I'm doing to see if it might help.  My food seems on track, need to add more veggies in, but otherwise I do protein first.

I hope you see some progress.

psychoticparrot
on 2/13/16 10:08 am

If you think you're not losing weight at a rate you should be, call your surgeon or nutritionist to find out what, if anything, should be done about it. If it's simply that you have a slow metabolism, then you must resign yourself to a longer weight-loss period. The tortoise gets to the finish line as surely as the hare.

But, as a general rule, when looking at others' weight loss rates, it's best to share, not compare.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

NYMom222
on 2/14/16 3:26 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was a lot bigger than you and  lost 31lbs by month 2 check up. (Actually a couple days past month 2 anniversary) Have to think long term, stick with it, and you will get there.  Some months are better than others.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active