Dehydration alert!

Wildagain2016
on 3/16/16 2:37 pm
VSG on 01/25/16

I am 7 weeks post op and haven't posted in awhile.  My NUT wants me to be at 90/90 and I focused so much on getting 90 protein, increasing my meals from 1 ounce to 2 ounces per meal and all the other pieces that I let my water drop down under 30 oz....figuring I would pick it back up after I got these other things completely comfortable.  I was feeling more fragile and less focused every day!  I have lost about 35 lbs post op and suddenly I was exactly the same weight for 5 days and my urine was getting darker every day....so I went in for an IV.  Two saline drip bags later...I am hydrated and up a couple of pounds (expected now that my tissue and organs are hydrated!)  I feel more alive and my body is back to functioning.  I think I have been dehydrated since the surgery as I never got over 50 oz of water....and when I read a post saying that it requires water to lose the fat....I finally am taking care of that.  I have never felt pain or nausea....just really, really tired.  Feeling much better today and ready to start the next phase. 

Darcy G.
on 3/16/16 3:29 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Glad you knew what to do and caught it in time before you got into the big hurts!

I read an article once(which I'd found the link for on here) that said because stored fat is water-soluble, you have to drink a gallon of water for your body to have the water necessary to burn a pound of fat. So I'm guessing not having the necessary water in could've been the reason the scale didn't move.

Starting to think someone needs to retrofit some beer helmets to hold water on one side and a protein shake on the other. You know, to facilitate some hands-free constant sipping action!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/16/16 3:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Pee is a really good indicator for hydration.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 3/16/16 4:53 pm - Warren, OH

What is 90/90?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Wildagain2016
on 3/16/16 7:06 pm
VSG on 01/25/16

HI White Dove- sorry.  I have been so focused on this that I abbreviate it in my mind but I shouldn't abbreviate it here. 90 grams of protein, 90 oz of water.

TexasTerritory
on 3/17/16 9:00 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I use my camelbak to get 100 ounces of water daily. It's really easy and convenient.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views