Checking In 3+ Years Post-Op

mdusha
on 3/20/16 5:33 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Just wanted to stop by and check in. I had my VSG in December of 2012, and WOW, has a lot changed!

I've successfully kept off most of the weight (do have some re-gain, but working on it), went througa horrific crime (was the victim of a violent home invasion,) moved a few times, and will be married two years in July. Whew! It's been a lot!

I'd like to lose 20-30lbs, but I'm not steady regaining at this point. In fact, I've lost a few again.

I'm great about sticking to the rule of no liquid one hour after meals/food, and mostly stick to protein first. 

I think the single most significant factor in my re-gain is my marriage! Ha!

When I was on my own, I would just grab a cheese stick or something for breakfast, and similar routine for lunch, etc... I'd get so involved in my day that I'd not think much about food. Now, I tend to eat sometimes when my husband eats just because it's "time to eat" and because it's a relationship/fellowship opportunity. He does try to eat healthy, so that helps. He's not persnickety about food or leftovers, and doesn't expect me to cook all the time. But I think I still deal with MY notions of what a wife is to do in that regard.

Life is all still different and new thanks to my VSG and I've never for one moment regretted it. I'm active and happy. Walking doesn't hurt and I feel more normal than at any other time in my life. 

I remain grateful for the opportunity to have the surgery and for the support I've always found here.

Thanks everyone!

Mochelle

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Arjeffries
on 3/20/16 8:03 am
VSG on 01/27/16

That is great and so enouraging to hear.

acbbrown
on 3/20/16 9:24 am - Granada Hills, CA

Congrats on all the good stuff going on! I'm working on losing some regain and i find a couple things that are really helping - abstaining from all trigger foods, and sticking to a meal plan where i eat 3 meals and 1 snack and do not touch food any other time than meal times. Grazing and unplanned eating was a major contributor to my regain (as well as the high calorie trigger foods I just couldn't get enough of).

wishing you the best!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

cappy11448
on 3/20/16 12:05 pm

It so nice to hear your success story.  It sounds like life has been good for you since your weight loss.  So sorry to hear about the home invasion.  That must bring up lots of strong feelings.  I was a victim of a crime recently, and I know how vulnerable and betrayed I feel.  And mine was just a property crime.  I wish you much healing! 

Congratulations on your success, your new hubby and all that is good and strong in your life. 

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Luvmygs
on 3/22/16 2:53 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Mochelle, thank you so much for sharing your story. I hope that you continue to have success with your sleeve and congratulations on your marriage. Christine

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views