Big Incision site

BeautifulMe84
on 4/8/16 6:27 am
VSG on 03/10/16

The incision where the surgeon pulls the stomach out of...How long did it take for that incision to heal for you all?? I'm a little over a month out now and my surgical glue is still there and it tends to get red and itchy around the site. So just curious on how long did it take for yours to heal completely?? Thanks

KansasPrincess
on 4/8/16 7:06 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

forever.... I felt like it was never going to heal! I think it took 2 months or so to actually heal completely

emelar
on 4/8/16 7:47 am - TX

You may be having an allergic reaction to the internal sutures.  They close the outer skin with glue, but there are sutures underneath where they sewed the muscle and tissue closed, and they have to dissolve.  Try some benedryl or claritin and see if that helps.  As always, when in doubt, call your surgeon's office and see what they think.

acbbrown
on 4/8/16 8:07 am - Granada Hills, CA

I think mine took 6 weeks. I was shocked it could possibly take that long. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/8/16 9:42 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Mine took probably 6 weeks to clear up. The internal stitches were the worst, I felt like I'd done hundreds of sit-ups because the internal knot is really complicated.

I'd suggest calling your surgeon to ask about the itch, they can probably help you out over the phone. You may be able to put cortisone cream or another anti-itch lotion on it, or maybe the doctor will have another idea.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/8/16 10:07 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

As far as your out I'm surprised your glue is still intact on the site but if it's just itchy that normally means it's healing and likely at night you'll scratch at it and it'll start to pull up.  Once that happens I clipped the edges to keep it from getting hung on things.  Normally a few days from then it is easily rolled off kinda like rubber cement with very little effort revealing pink little incisions places.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

SilverGirl2015
on 4/8/16 7:18 pm

About 5-6 weeks. Now 8 monthes later I can barely even see where the incisions were.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views