Day 4 pre-op liquid diet. I'm hungry.

obioxiupa
on 4/14/16 3:52 pm

Well I'd just like to officially say I'm hungry.  Lol.   I've been doing great up until today.   I'm sure I'll survive, but some chicken would be fabulous right about now.  I hear it gets better after 3 or 4 days?  Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.  I'm so anxious to get on with it!

Tara

CincySlvd
on 4/14/16 6:06 pm - OH
VSG on 04/24/12

I does get easier after a few days if I remember correctly.  You will do it.  When you step on the scale the morning of your surgery and you've lost significant weight you will be proud and ready for the next step.

You can do anything for a few weeks.  This time will go slow now, but once it is over you have your entire life ahead of you.

obioxiupa
on 4/14/16 6:46 pm

I know!  Thanks for the encouragement I know I'll be there soon!

Darcy G.
on 4/14/16 6:12 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I am sure I've asked you this before, but what does your Pre-Op diet allow? (I lost all my brains the past week, sorry!)

What are you allowed to have between meals?

obioxiupa
on 4/14/16 6:45 pm

My pre op diet is 4 protein shakes mixed with water and sugar free jello, chicken broth etc.

im not supposed to have any real food.

Darcy G.
on 4/15/16 10:46 am
VSG on 04/07/16

I did find a fix for the jello-shake concoction...

Get unflavored gelatin and make that like jello. Doesn't add anything you're not allowed, no flavor really, but about 3oz with your water in protein shakes makes it stuck around longer. If you're desperate :)

seabexlose
on 4/14/16 9:46 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

It does get better.  Your body just adjusts.  Drink loads of fluids.

kyzze
on 4/14/16 11:00 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Hang in there, this is the worse part. 

Kyzze

VSG48MAN
on 4/15/16 9:33 am
VSG on 04/20/16

If helps I'm right there with you, try drinking over 100oz water in day this seems to help my hunger pains.

VSG48MAN

intothesunshine
on 4/15/16 9:58 am

Hang in there I am doing my preop too.... I would die for chicken or Chinese... you must keep me posted on how you are doing.... I think the last 2 days of just clear liquid is going to be even harder - but I am keeping my EYE on the PRIZE!

GOOD LUCK!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views