Off the Wagon

ckpointchickie
on 4/18/16 11:54 am - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

Hi All, It's been awhile.  I was doing great until about 6 months ago.  My husband has been in and of hospitals and subacute facilities since last fall.  Unfortunately, this means lots of time in the car and easting out of bags and boxes for me. A great deal of the time, my dinner has been a bag of popcorn when I get home around 11pm.  I am really struggling. I have gained 38 lbs since September.  I am also holding down my full time job and taking care of everything at home.  Even my dogs are getting fat because we have no time to exercise.  I know what I need to do, but I also know part of this is just depression and not taking time for myself.   I am asking for prayers, good wishes, positive energy, whatever your beliefs are, for me any my husband.  Interestingly enough, he has lost 130 lb since January, but I wouldn't recommend the method.  

Anyway, I wish you all success on your journeys.  We all know this is lifelong.  I just need to get back up in the driver's seat and get mine on the right trail. 

happyteacher
on 4/18/16 12:02 pm

It is good that you are at a place now where you are ready to resume clean eating. Life stressors are always challenging, and it sure seems you have your share. I have spent a lot of time in/out of hospitals, working full-time, etc. and there are a few things that really help to stay on plan. 

Plan your snacks/meals ahead of time so you are not resorting to drivethrus and icky options. Many times this can be taken care of when you grocery shop. Just think about items that are easy to pack and handy. Meals that are simple and quick. Keep junk food out of the house, period. Maybe infuse some novelty into your routine to help spur clean eating. For example, I use a pressure cooker for meals and literally can kick out a full meal in 15 minutes flat that is crazy simple and clean eating. If you don't use one it might be fun to try, along with helping with that crazy schedule of yours. 

Take good care of yourself!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ckpointchickie
on 4/19/16 8:13 pm - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

Thank you...All very good suggestions.  I do think planning would help.  I always plan to make good choices when out, but unfortunately, the healthy choices are the most expensive and least available.  I will use your suggestions.  

luvmypuggies
on 4/18/16 1:40 pm

I'm so sorry you're going through such a challenging time.  My only suggestion is to make sure you're drinking lots of water, and chose protein first no matter how much those dang carbs are calling your name. Maybe taking charge of your eating/health would be really empowering right now (depression-blasting), since there is so much else in your life that you don't have control over. Sending loads of good thoughts and wishes your way - hang in there!!

ckpointchickie
on 4/19/16 8:14 pm - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

You nailed it...I don't drink enough water these days.  I will start using my tracker again to make certain I am getting that in.  Thank you.

Felynn
on 4/18/16 3:20 pm
VSG on 02/24/16

Sorry to hear you are going down a tough road lately ..

first of all don't beat yourself up.. Sometimes we just can't put ourselves first and that's ok 

i just had a smaller bump in the road and I understand what you are talking about ..

mine was a month out of surgery (just last month) and my new grandbaby is still in nicu !! 

i was not strong enough to battle the food and the rest of the mental and physical issues so I took food out of the equation .. I went back to 2 shakes and a dinner so I didn't think much about food .

also  i was happy it was post surgery otherwise I would have gained 20lbs from stress ..

When things get better you will put yourself first again and you will succeed 

ckpointchickie
on 4/19/16 8:16 pm - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

Thank you...I am going to try all the suggestions given in response.  It's nice to be back in the forum.  

Most Active