Rants

BeautifulMe84
on 4/25/16 5:05 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Hey All...

Needed to vent a little...I'm almost 7 weeks out of VSG surgery and I've noticed my scale does not like to move!! I don't know what I am doing wrong and it is getting to me mentally. I feel like this surgery was a waste of my time right now. I know they say the bigger you are the faster you lose. I was 238 day of surgery and I am 224 this morning. It's just very frustrating opening up this forum and seeing YAY 20 pounds gone in one month...etc etc. I am very happy for those people but what about me?? I drink 64oz of water a day or more...I take my vitamins...I eat protein and yet my scale does not move. I'm not losing inches either. I am depressed.

Kris R.
on 4/25/16 5:11 am - Walworth, NY

It's just a stall, and it will pass.  Hang in there - your body is adjusting to your new food plan and everything else that is going on.  Try changing things up a little - if you walk at night, try walking at lunch or maybe even a quick walk before work.  If you have a protein shake for breakfast, try eating some yogurt and save your shake.  We need to keep our bodies guessing so that it doesn't think - ah, this is the new norm.  You've got this, don't lose faith.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/25/16 7:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

We can't tell you what you're doing wrong unless you provide details.

What are you eating in a day?

Are you weighing, measuring and tracking?

Any exercise?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mmsmom
on 4/25/16 8:12 am - Woburn, MA

Maybe you are doing something wrong.  This is what they call the honeymoon phase and you have to make the most of it - lean protein, limit calories and move, move move.  Good luck.  Do you see a nutritionist?

VSG on 04/28/2014

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/25/16 9:22 am - MI

Chill out! Do you see a ton of horror stories on this forum saying they didn't lose and how they regret this surgery? I personally have not. Your scale will move. A few months from now you won't even think back to this. Step away from the scale for a few weeks and pay attention to how you feel, how your clothes feel, your energy level, etc! You're body is changing even when the scale isn't. I'm over a year and half out and I have began working out harder. The scale hasn't changed,  but my pant size just went from a 10 to a 8! Relax and stay away from the scale! Keep following your doctors plan and you will have great results!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/25/16 9:28 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

So lets get down to the matter.  Toss up a couple days worth of food diaries.  Show us the calories totals or amounts of each item.  There are a lot of people who will look over what your having and give your their thoughts on what's going on.  It can be intimidating putting yourself out there but it might get your straight with your scale.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/25/16 9:33 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

So lets get down to the matter.  Toss up a couple days worth of food diaries.  Show us the calories totals or amounts of each item.  There are a lot of people who will look over what your having and give your their thoughts on what's going on.  It can be intimidating putting yourself out there but it might get your straight with your scale.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Suzannadanna
on 4/25/16 2:25 pm
VSG on 03/08/16

Hi,

I am with you... feeling the same way. I am 7 weeks tomorrow, and haven't budged the scale significantly in 3 weeks. SW 227, Surg wt 218, Current wt 204. It's getting depressing, so I'm interested in the responses you get to this post. If nothing else, we can be bummed together! It's interesting to see that in the same amount of time since surgery, you and I have lost exactly the same amount of weight. Hmm...

S

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/25/16 3:34 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You're not eating peanut butter, are you?  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

BeautifulMe84
on 4/25/16 4:54 pm
VSG on 03/10/16

GeekMonster lol...No I have not been eating peanut butter even though I would like some. Far as what I take in daily...I drink at least 64oz of water or water with some crystal light in it. I eat between 600-1000 calories per day depending on how I feel that day but I never go over 1000 calories. My diet consists mainly on string cheese, cottage cheese, turkey or chicken, eggs, sugar free pops and pudding, and a protein shake every morning. Maybe I could exercise more? I do lot of walking at work, I should do a lot of walking when I am home too. I just don't know what else to do at this point. 

Most Active