la croix - any issues

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/2/16 7:24 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I'm not really big into soda... I do however really enjoy la croix. Anyone have any issues with drinking that? I know our new pouches will be much smaller so the gas from the water could feel bloated I imagine

Then again, I dont have much issue with the gas staying in, it makes me burp now as it is pretty good.

Just curious :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/2/16 7:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

When I first started back on carbonation, even when I let things go half-flat per doctor's orders, I had TERRIBLE gas. That lasted for about six months.

One option is to buy a sodastream machine, and you can make your own. You can control the carbonation level, so you can put less CO2 in it if the fizz gives you trouble.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 5/2/16 8:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 2, 2016 at 2:24 PM Pacific Time, ChrisTufano wrote:

I'm not really big into soda... I do however really enjoy la croix. Anyone have any issues with drinking that? I know our new pouches will be much smaller so the gas from the water could feel bloated I imagine

Then again, I dont have much issue with the gas staying in, it makes me burp now as it is pretty good.

Just curious :)

VSG ers don't have a pouch. We have a sleeved stomach... Just sayin 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/2/16 8:41 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Way to add little to no value... Let me make it even more clear: our smaller, sleeved, pouch like stomach that is a shadow of its former self.

hollykim
on 5/2/16 8:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 2, 2016 at 3:41 PM Pacific Time, ChrisTufano wrote:

Way to add little to no value... Let me make it even more clear: our smaller, sleeved, pouch like stomach that is a shadow of its former self.

it is totally of value. Those of us who have wls need to be able to speak correctly and intelligentally about our chosen surgery, as a means of educating others. 

I personally don't think all of your posts are valuable either.

hollykim
on 5/2/16 8:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 2, 2016 at 3:41 PM Pacific Time, ChrisTufano wrote:

still not right. The pouch is rounded like a walnut. The sleeve is banana shaped.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/2/16 8:57 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Nick S.
on 5/2/16 8:16 pm - Detroit, MI
VSG on 12/22/15

I don't particularly like La Croix, tastes too much like plain soda water but I work in the beverage industry so my palette is a little skewed when it comes to that sort of stuff :P

On occasion, I've had Monster energy drinks post surgery with zero issues as long as I drink it slowly in sips. They have zero calorie options that I've had on long car rides for work when water or coffee just doesn't cut it. The carbonation is only an issue if I take too big a drink. It sort of feels uncomfortable and tight until it passes. Sips and you should be fine!

Heaviest: 335   Currently: 190

VSG in December 2015

cupofjavaVSG
on 5/4/16 9:02 pm

Avoid carbonation it will stretch out your tummy.

Most Active