For the Ladies...TMI

BeautifulMe84
on 5/17/16 9:00 am
VSG on 03/10/16

I have to ask...Did any of you ladies lose any weight during your menstrual cycle week? I am drinking at least 4-5 bottles of water a day and sticking to the meal plan and exercising my booty off but not losing any weight this week. I was wondering if it could be because of "Shark week" lol Thanks in advance. 

LosinginAZ
on 5/17/16 9:12 am

I gain about a pound every month thanks to nature's terrible gift :P It comes off eventually, but not right away like I would like. 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Michelle B.
on 5/17/16 9:53 am

I was pms'ing last week and started my menstrual cycle 3 days ago and I have not lost a single pound in that time.  I'm hoping once it ends in a few days that I will see the weight loss continue because it's very frustrating for me.

Bufflehead
on 5/17/16 10:00 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I always stop losing weight, no matter how well I am eating, 5-7 days (sometimes more) before my period and then start up again after it is over.

Darcy G.
on 5/17/16 10:19 am
VSG on 04/07/16

This is me. It's really flipping annoying. For a while I was like... is Wes Craven responsible for the third week stall?

(Wes Craven is what I named my period. Yes, I name everything.)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/17/16 12:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I love that I'm not the only person who calls it "shark week."

I tend to retain a bit of water when I'm on my period, so that could be possible. It's also possible that your body is just getting used to everything and the weight gain overall is slowing down temporarily.

Keep at it and the scale will move again!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kris R.
on 5/17/16 12:25 pm - Walworth, NY

The water retention and the head hunger was a killer this month.  The scale hasn't moved much in the last 10 days for me, but I think that's because of a stall.  I tried to go back and eat tuna again, and I can't choke it down anymore.  It is like I've eaten it enough for the soft food phase and my mouth refuses to open and take any in.  So I know it is just a stall because my jeans are looser this week and I've been exercising more so I surely am not gaining weight.  The scale will move - I just need to hang tight to my plan and it will work.  

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Sandra F.
on 5/18/16 6:05 am

Since I have weighed myself steadily about once a week since my surgery in October 2014, I can tell you for sure that right before and during my period I always have an extra pound or two.  Unfortunate, but normal, I would say.

Most Active