Eat Something

PUGGLESPUPS
on 5/18/16 6:12 pm - MA

I'm 9 days out from surgery,  i'm so sick of fluids, protein shakes, jello, popsicles, etc.   An egg would be heaven right now.. 

CMR1075
on 5/18/16 9:17 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

I was eating soft scramble eggs (well picking at them lol) a few days out after surgery. It was on my plan from the doctor....you should try it. But I can promise you, you wont get much of it in ;)

luvmypuggies
on 5/18/16 9:24 pm

We can all relate to your situation!  I remember feeling the same way, and it was getting hard to choke down stuff that I was so sick of.  However, please stick to your doc's plan - it's only a few days, and in the big scheme of things, that's not much. :)

Hang in there, and vent to us as much as you want. You've got a sympathetic audience. :)

PUGGLESPUPS
on 5/19/16 2:53 am - MA

Thanks    I know your right..  just needed to vent..  i'm good now. !!

Hkinzfnp
on 5/19/16 7:35 am

Once you get to soft foods you'll get sick of the eggs quickly ;).  The truth is until you've advanced through all the stages you are going to feel like a patient!  But the time will pass quickly and before you know it you'll be living your new life with plenty of great food choices.  Follow your doctors plan and it'll be over before you know it.  And so worth it!!!  

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

Sandra F.
on 5/19/16 9:28 am

I was sick of absolutely everything that I could have when I was 9 days out too but when I could have eggs, those made me sick too!  Remember, this too shall pass.  Hang in there!

KarolElin
on 5/19/16 10:13 am

Could you have SF pudding made with protein powder? I use Lg box of vanilla sf pudding mix, 1 % milk, 2 scoops vanilla pure protein powder and about 1 tsp of cinnamon. Blend it with a hand mixer or blender to mix. Tastes like horchata.  I am 10 days out. I am going to try a reese's cup pudding using chocolate sf pudding and PB2 next.

Happytiger
on 5/19/16 3:40 pm
VBG on 05/11/16

i'm 8 days out and get to start eating purees tomorrow- i'm over the moon. i went to the grocery store and bought all sorts of soft and gentle foods. never thought i'd be excited for whipped cottage cheese (bleh!)!!

Most Active