surprised.....so many "full fat" recipes..??

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/30/16 5:15 pm

My almost daily serving of cheese is one slice. There is no way I am eating low fat cheese. I would rather eat less of something with full fat than more of low fat /no fat stuff. 

The fat I eat comes from cheese and meat, mostly. It would be a lot different if it came from greasy potato chips. Fat doesn't make us fat. Overconsumption of calories and simple carbs make us fat. And sugar.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Grim_Traveller
on 5/30/16 5:56 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There are great replies above, and I completely agree. I do only full fat foods.

I would caution people to keep an eye on calories still. As Kate said, a portion of cheese is a slice. You will easily be able to eat a LOT of cheese, and that's a ton of calories. Same with nuts -- eat a measured ounce, no more. The calories will kill you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

milaortiz30
on 5/31/16 10:51 am
VSG on 10/07/15

I'm with Holly.  I'm on a keto diet.  high protein, high/mid fat, no/low carb.  i don't do any sugar at all and not many fruits and in fact this past week i realized i wasn't eating enough fat and raised it and saw better results.  white carbs are the devil.  not fat.  

SW 232  CW 150 GW 140-125 not sure!  Sleeved 10/7/15

my routine:  no carbs, no sugar, workout 3-5x week cardio and weights

iammommy
on 6/2/16 7:30 am

Totally agree with many of the posts above.  I do whole milk yogurt and cheeses, in moderation.  I use real butter (sparingly). I use real cream in my coffee.  I occasionally eat nuts (sparingly). Despite this (but more likely because of this), I have lost a significant amount of weight.  Letting carbs creep back in and grazing were the reason I started regaining.  Correcting the carb situation, getting a handle on the grazing, and exercising seem to have put me back on track.

There are several recent studies which seem to indicate that consumption of whole fat dairy products is associated with lower body weight in kids and adults alike.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views