considering surgery

vlmilton
on 6/10/16 3:07 pm

Hello,

I am considering a revision from lapband to VSG. I  would love input and success stories. just like the band I am scared however more scared because this is permanent and I have already failed with one surgery.  I hate the band and if i hate this surgery then theres nothing i can do to reverse it. Please tell me the good bad and ugly. im so ready to make this change, scared but ready. I did lose 70 lbs with the band and i have gained back 35. thanks!

White Dove
on 6/10/16 4:20 pm - Warren, OH

When people started having VSG they told me the sleeve did what the band was supposed to do.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Spencerella
on 6/10/16 9:23 pm, edited 6/10/16 2:24 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

There is no reason to preclude you not doing well with a sleeve if you can limit the soft foods often favored (necessary) with band recipients and giving up grazing. Lots of former bandsters have had success when revised to sleeve. It's a great surgery choice.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Sandra F.
on 6/13/16 6:39 am

The only negative thing I can say about the sleeve is a bit of constipation here and there.  Otherwise, it is a great tool for losing weight.  You have to do your part though and remain committed.  Good luck to you.

Most Active