Vitamins.. How do YOU remember to take them?

cnanny
on 6/15/16 6:45 am

Hello everyone!

I am still in my pre-op journey (surgery is scheduled for 8/10 yay!).  Per my surgeon and dietitian's instructions I have begun to take my bariatric vitamins.  I have reminders set in my phone, because when don't we have our phones with us now days LOL, so that helps keep me on track during the weekdays.  However, I have trouble on the weekends.  Since I'm off, I usually sleep in and miss my first one or two reminders.  I am just curious to know how you all remember to take your vitamins? I am totally open to learning some tips and tricks!

Thanks!

Chelsy

hollykim
on 6/15/16 7:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 15, 2016 at 1:45 PM Pacific Time, cnanny wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am still in my pre-op journey (surgery is scheduled for 8/10 yay!).  Per my surgeon and dietitian's instructions I have begun to take my bariatric vitamins.  I have reminders set in my phone, because when don't we have our phones with us now days LOL, so that helps keep me on track during the weekdays.  However, I have trouble on the weekends.  Since I'm off, I usually sleep in and miss my first one or two reminders.  I am just curious to know how you all remember to take your vitamins? I am totally open to learning some tips and tricks!

Thanks!

Chelsy

I leave my patches out on the bathroom counter so I see them every night when I brush my teeth.

stefswanton
on 6/21/16 5:51 pm

I am new to this forum and I should be having my sleeve gastrectomy in mid August. I go to meet the "nurse navigator" and the surgeon in about a week and a half. I was just curious what pre-op vitamins does your doctor have you taking? Are they vitamin patches or actual pills? Right now the only think I take daily is a multi-vitamin. I am sure that will change when I meet the surgeon. Like I said earlier I am new to this sight and I would like to keep in touch since it seems like we will be having surgery near the same time frame. Hope to hear from you.

happyteacher
on 6/22/16 5:19 am

Well duh, I am going to try this. Half the time when I lay down at night in bed is when I remember the patch. Given they don't need water I can just put some on the nightstand. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

thallnc
on 6/15/16 7:07 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

I have set on-going reminders on my phone. Until I mark it as complete it will show up every time I look at my phone.

7am - Multi + Calcium + B12 + D3

1pm - Calcium

7pm - Multi + Calcium

10pm - Iron

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/15/16 7:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I have my pill case in the bathroom, right next to my toothbrush, and I take them before bed every day. That way, no matter what time I get up in the morning, I still take them every day.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jodieg8er
on 6/15/16 7:48 am
VSG on 06/16/16

I take mine at night - they are on my nightstand.

Anita
on 6/15/16 8:15 am

I'm using the PatchMD vitamins. They are right next to my make up mirror, so in the morning, I take my shower, brush my teeth, put on my make-up and then my patches (just because by then my skin is dry enough)......it's my morning routine no matter what time I wake up.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

cnanny
on 6/15/16 8:49 am

I like the idea of a patch vs. taking pills spread throughout the day! Do you use a patch for multivitamins and separate one for calcium? If so, do you wear them at the time same?

hollykim
on 6/15/16 9:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 15, 2016 at 3:49 PM Pacific Time, cnanny wrote:

I like the idea of a patch vs. taking pills spread throughout the day! Do you use a patch for multivitamins and separate one for calcium? If so, do you wear them at the time same?

yes, they are separate and you can wear them all at the same time. Www.patchmd.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views