eating

PUGGLESPUPS
on 6/15/16 4:52 pm - MA

I'm about 7 weeks out.. and technically still on Soft Foods..  Does or has anyone else had the problem of not being to eat anything for dinner?   I usually eat 1 scrambled egg for b-fast,  or a protein shake,   for lunch approx 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of humus,  1 tablespoon of salsa.  Sometime but not always a saltine or two..  plus of course my water and another protein shake in the late afternoon..  And when it comes to eating something around Dinner time.  What ever I eat I throw it up.   Is this normal?

Starry Eyed
on 6/15/16 5:50 pm, edited 6/15/16 10:51 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Whenever I have problems eating I go back to the previous food stage to try and get to the root of the problem.  I would try eating slower, taking very very small bites, thinning out food with chicken stock or milk, or adjusting ingredients (to check for an intolerance).  Are you able to keep down any food at all?  If so, I would stick with what you can tolerate and maybe slowly incorporate new foods into that regimen.  Since eating is making you throw up, I would be mindful of getting in your liquids to avoid dehydration. If nothing seems to help, definitely call your nut or dr.  I hope this helps!

High Weight: 307 Start Weight: 297 (11/5/15) Surgery Weight: 278 (4/20/16) Pre-Op: (-19) M1: (-24) M2: (-8) M3: (-10) M4: (-9) M5: (-7) M6: (-6) M7: (-7) M8: (-5) M9: (-4) M10: (-3) M11: (-5) CW: 185

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

hollykim
on 6/15/16 8:46 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 15, 2016 at 11:52 PM Pacific Time, PUGGLESPUPS wrote:

I'm about 7 weeks out.. and technically still on Soft Foods..  Does or has anyone else had the problem of not being to eat anything for dinner?   I usually eat 1 scrambled egg for b-fast,  or a protein shake,   for lunch approx 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of humus,  1 tablespoon of salsa.  Sometime but not always a saltine or two..  plus of course my water and another protein shake in the late afternoon..  And when it comes to eating something around Dinner time.  What ever I eat I throw it up.   Is this normal?

what are you trying to eat at dinner?

Most Active