feeling a little bit like what the h*ell

ejirish
on 6/28/16 6:13 am

I've lost 23 lbs since 5/23 and thats great- and wonderful- and I dont want to come across like I'm complaining- BUT- I am a little wtf... I've been up and down 6 ounces for two weeks of the month... first I blamed TOM, then I blamed cheese- now I'm just scratching my head. I cant even come down a lb?? It makes me teary and then I just shake it off because I KNOW its only been a month- but I feel like given my new diet of food... I should at least be losing a lb a week? Right? Is it too much to ask?

I have cup black coffee am

m-f a qwest pb shake w/ unsweetened almond/coconut milk

light n fit greek for lunch

2-3 slices boars head turkey

serving of cheese

2 ounces protein dinner/vege too if it fits

(sometimes) a premier protein in evening

This is my standard, weekends I'll have up to 2 eggs am, and 2 turkey sausage (i never fini**** all)- and the rest of the day is pretty standard...

I've ALWAYS been a slow loser- but- I was really hoping it would improve a little by now? Are my expectations too high?

cappy11448
on 6/28/16 6:23 am

Have you heard of the infamous three-week stall?  What you are going thru is totally normal.  Our bodies need time to adjust and rearrange occasionally. Most people stall in the 3 to 4 week timeframe.   Stalls are normal. 

Losing 23 pounds in the first month is Excellent.  I never lost that much in a month, and I lost 225 pounds in 18 months!  So don't be discouraged.  You are doing great.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

ejirish
on 6/28/16 6:25 am

Yes- but ...it just feels like forever :( I need my silly body to give in already and get with the program! (laughing- not laughing...)

arghh...

hollykim
on 6/28/16 7:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 28, 2016 at 1:13 PM Pacific Time, ejirish wrote:

I've lost 23 lbs since 5/23 and thats great- and wonderful- and I dont want to come across like I'm complaining- BUT- I am a little wtf... I've been up and down 6 ounces for two weeks of the month... first I blamed TOM, then I blamed cheese- now I'm just scratching my head. I cant even come down a lb?? It makes me teary and then I just shake it off because I KNOW its only been a month- but I feel like given my new diet of food... I should at least be losing a lb a week? Right? Is it too much to ask?

I have cup black coffee am

m-f a qwest pb shake w/ unsweetened almond/coconut milk

light n fit greek for lunch

2-3 slices boars head turkey

serving of cheese

2 ounces protein dinner/vege too if it fits

(sometimes) a premier protein in evening

This is my standard, weekends I'll have up to 2 eggs am, and 2 turkey sausage (i never fini**** all)- and the rest of the day is pretty standard...

I've ALWAYS been a slow loser- but- I was really hoping it would improve a little by now? Are my expectations too high?

one of the reasons many of us got morbidly obese is because of control. We couldn't control many other things in our lives but we could control what we would eat and how much and how often.

all we can control with WLS is what we eat and how much but in the other direction,less not more. 

We CANT control the rate we lose,just not gonna happen. We have to make sure we are eating appropriately,with appropriate choices,and it looks like you are,but we have to stay the course. No more What the hell... We stay on plan ...period. That is what the most successful ppl did and it works. 

I NEVER lost 24 pounds in a month. I never  lost more than 5 pounds in any month,seriously. But, I did lose 122 pounds and have kept if off for 6 years. 

It will work but. You have to get a new mind set and that is hard to do,but you can. 

acbbrown
on 6/28/16 11:55 am - Granada Hills, CA

THIS!!

It also boils down to BS expectations. There is a great AA concept of your emotional serenity being inversely proportional to your expectations. the more you expect, the less peace you will have because you will encounter a good deal of disappointment and frustration.

it took me 4 years after WLS to figure this concept out. I wish I had figured it out sooner and saved myself the energy I spent being frustrated. Its a complex idea, and involves a change in the way you live and approach life....but you have to chose either peace/serenity or frustration/depression, etc.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SexyA
on 6/28/16 7:44 am
VSG on 06/01/16

I'm feeling like you.  I had WLS on June 1st. As of June 22nd, I had lost 21.2 pounds. My disappointed was only losing 4.4 pounds between June 8 and June 22nd.  I thought it should have been more but my Dr was pleased.  I had the what the hell mood also!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/16 7:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I weigh once a month (except when a doctor weighs me).  Keeps me from fretting over stalls.  However some people might need once a week to keep them on target. Daily would make me nuts.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/28/16 8:36 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Read this post for whenever you feel like a slow loser.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6007640/No-you-are-no t-a-failure/

You are doing really well, think long term results, not short term ones. Be patient & ease up on yourself. The weight will come off as long as you stick with it. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views