2 weeks post-op

petra65
on 7/13/16 12:06 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Let me start by saying I was self-pay for my surgery.  This turns out to have so definate pros and cons.  Not many hoops to jump through, but pray nothing happens post-op.  They purchase an insurance policy for you that covers you for any complications up to 3 months but it needs to be pretty obvious that whatever you have is a complication.  Otherwise, its a pain in the butt.

So, I went for my follow up appointment on Monday (7/11) and I had a temp of 101 and was a little tachycardic at 102.  They took my staples out and didnt really know what to make of the temp and suggested I get a UA from my PCP since that would be the most like source (clearly not related to my surgery).  I end up going to urgent care the next morning.  My temp is still up at 100.4 and Im still tachy.  My urine is clean.  Now the surgeon's office wants me to come back down there and have labs and a chest xray so Im running all over town feeling like crap.  However, I had an elevated WBC count and a pneumonia.  I'm on some antibiotics and can't tell if I feel much better yet but slept horribly last night.  Hopefully, now on the road to recovery at last.  

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

Kathy S.
on 7/13/16 12:11 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are doing 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views