Flying report...

Darcy G.
on 7/19/16 6:39 am
VSG on 04/07/16

So, I was all panicky about flying and whether or not I'd fit into the seat and all that... so I thought I'd report back.

I flew on Frontier with 18" wide seats, so this info is prefaced with that.

At 235#, 5'6" height, I just fit between the arms of the seat without cramming or spilling over. There were about five inches of seat belt left when I put it on and tightened to a comfortable place. So far, so good. However, I still felt like I was crowding everyone and kept my arms crossed the whole time and upgraded my seats to the window so I could have a direction to lean away from people without blocking the aisle or infringing on someone else's seat. The center seat would've been super uncomfortable for me still.

In other news, I'm never returning to Denver if I can help it. I ended up pale and fainty and with an ambulance ride to the hospital... Turns out in Denver I have asthma. Which at least wasn't another PE, so there's that!

(Aside from Denver, the trip was awesome!)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

cbrr65
on 7/19/16 8:22 am
VSG on 11/17/15

Congrats on the good flight experience. Isn't it a wonderful NSV to fit into those ridiculously small seats and not spill over the sides into someone else's space! I've flown twice since losing weight and love not having to apologize to my seatmates for unwanted physical contact.

I went to Denver last summer (at 290lbs) before my surgery and had the same issues. Used my inhaler constantly and felt short of breath the whole time there. Was miserable and felt nauseous because I couldn't breath. Went back this last May at 210lbs and had no issues at all. I'm so glad for this NSV as my daughter and her family live there and I needed to be able to see my grandchildren. I hope you have the same results.

Kathy S.
on 7/19/16 8:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

What a great NSV, but yikes!  So glad you are OK!  WAY TO GO!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/19/16 12:19 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Im sure this post will help others who are having to fly soon. This November I'm heading to CA and plan to hit a theme park for the first time in decades.  I look forward to approaching my first dollar coaster and fitting.  I'm also scared that I won't fit, though I know I could now if I'm being reasonable.  But that's not how fear works LOL.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active