I got sleeved!

Sunshine3k
on 7/20/16 10:44 pm
VSG on 07/19/16

I got sleeved 7/19/16. I got to come home today.I woke up from surgery in alot of pain. I also had issues breathing, which I always do after surgery. I'm very sore and hurt all over, I'm sure some of it is my fibromyalgia acting up. I am struggling with getting all my fluids in. I feel full after a few sips :( the nurse and doc said that it will get better once the swelling goes down. I just don't want to mess anything up or become non successful. Im excited about this new journey! I've been walking around the house as much as I can. Tomorrow I'll walk outside some. I have lost 5 lbs so far but I'm sure it's jus****er weight. The doc has take me off half of my medications that I was on pre surgery! I'm excited about that. I'm looking forward to feeling better and joining the losers club! 

LeapSecond
on 7/21/16 4:30 am - AR

Welcome to the loser's bench.  Hope healing goes well with you.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

mylastchance
on 7/21/16 8:30 am

Yayyyyy for you.....the best thing for you to do is sip, sip and sip again.  Walk and sip, follow your Dr's plan for you and you will do great.  Once the swelling does go down it will get better.  Just let it happen don't force anything.  Sip lots of small amounts, don't forget your protein shakes to get that protein.  It will get better,  the pain will go away,  you'll get stronger, you'll be less tired, you start to feel more energy and you'll just start feeling like a new person and you'll be ready to take on the world.  Take all your measurements and track them along with the scale because that is just as exciting to watch those numbers shrink too.  

Welcome to the best group of LOSERS around.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

honeywell
on 7/21/16 9:05 am

Congrats love!!! I had my surgery a week ago today and I can tell you firsthand, IT GETS BETTER! When I first came home, I was in a lot of pain. Now I am able to walk around comfortably for a good while and even go grocery shopping. Just stick to your guns and know you'll feel better soon! 

Kelly L.
on 7/21/16 1:09 pm

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench! 

Lyndalou92
on 7/23/16 10:26 am
VSG on 07/20/16

I went home one day after surgery I feel it was too soon .. I am very sore on my left side I can't go for very long and I had to quit taking the liquid pain meds they made me vomit so I am just on regular liquid kids Tylenol .. I feel worthless I thought I would be up more by now .. my doctor said no more than 1 20 minute nap a day :( I sleep more than that cause of pain .is there a light at end of tunnel??

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views