2 Week Pre-Op Diet Starts TOMORROW!

cnanny
on 7/26/16 6:31 am

Hello All!!!

Tomorrow I begin my 2 week liquid only pre-op diet in preparation for VSG on August 10th.  This all feels so surreal!  I can't believe this is the last day I will ever be able to eat how I do now. Beginning tomorrow I will have a new normal!!  I think this part of the journey is what I am most nervous about.  What are your tips and tricks to help get me through these next 2 weeks and stay focused? 

This website has been such a great resource for me and I am so thankful for all of you!!

Have a great Tuesday!

Chelsy

rachelp
on 7/26/16 7:17 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Tomorrow I start my pre-op diet too. I am super nervous about it because I hate starving and hunger pains. I make horrible decisions when I'm super hungry. I heard warm liquids help. Stay busy! That always helps. Good luck to you!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

cnanny
on 7/26/16 7:41 am

Yes, I am planning to definitely keep my mind busy.  I also make bad decisions when I let myself get too hungry.  I am trying to look at this phase as a good thing and embrace it.  Good luck to you as well! We can do this!!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/26/16 7:54 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I'd check out rachelp's post from yesterday I think, a lot of comments on there since shes going thru the same phase :)

It'll be over in no time!

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Sandra F.
on 7/27/16 8:02 am

The pre-op diet was probably the hardest thing for me.  Keep your eye on the prize, which is a healthier, thinner you and you will do fine.  I won't lie, it does suck, but you can do it.  Good luck to both of you who are starting the pre-op today.

Transcendence
on 7/29/16 12:58 am

My pre-op diet was 4 weeks. First 5 days were the hardest and the first week ended up being a write off. I did well for 3 weeks... and I think this helped my surgery. I found having miso soup helped me have something flavourful when hungry.

Good luck - you'll be done and getting ready for the op in no time! :)

Most Active