Emotional Meltdowns Have Begun...

cnanny
on 8/3/16 7:31 am

As my surgery date gets closer and closer (8/10), I have found myself getting more and more emotional over the smallest things.  This morning I came into work, set my motivational water bottled I ordered from Etsy on the table, turned around to put some stuff in the fridge and somehow my water bottle fell of the table and completely broke. As I realized what happened, it was all I could do from completely breaking down right then and there. To make matters worse, a coworker was in the break room with me when it happened and he just stood there and watched me clean up the mess by myself.  UGH!  I made it to my office before I had my mini melt down.  I feel better now and I was able to order a new bottle but WOW! LOL I know its silly to cry over a water bottle but I was just so upset!  However, not going to let it ruin my day! Gotta keep moving forward!

rachelp
on 8/3/16 7:40 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I was the same way!! I was so annoyed by everybody! My kids were driving me crazy and coworkers jokes were ******G me off. It's just from coping with stress and the unknown. Also I was hungry from the pre-op diet. The day of my surgery I was not nervous at all. I was so peaceful and I thought maybe I was crazy for not being nervous or scared. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

idnas
on 8/3/16 7:57 am
VSG on 08/05/16

So how are you now that your surgery is over? I go in Friday and am not nervous, at least not yet, but I can tell my tolerance for other people, work, etc. is just about at its limit!  

HW: 312 SW: 294 CW: 225

rachelp
on 8/3/16 8:07 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Monday, was rough. I didn't like the pain meds. They made me sick and my nurse wasnt giving me anything for the nausea. She was new. I was so aggravated. But when the shift changed the new nurse fixed me up and I've been fine ever since. Today I am great! Just a little sore but that's it! I'm ready to go home and in a great mood.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/3/16 7:40 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You're making a major, permanent life change. If you weren't freaked out, I'd be worried that you didn't realize what a big deal it is!

You will be OK. These puppies sure think so.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cnanny
on 8/3/16 1:21 pm

Thank you! Puppies ALWAYS make things better!

alouisa63
on 8/3/16 8:01 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

and for me.. it only got worse right after surgery.    The hormone dumping the first few months was like having constant PMS.  Here's a hug to help you though your day  and more where that came from :) 

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

jesuiscrystal
on 8/3/16 10:46 am - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just wait until you see what kind of raging lunatic you turn into after surgery. For me, it's been ten times worse than the hormone dips and surges after childbirth (which I've been through three times). 

Don't be afraid to ask your GP for something to cope. I had to increase my antidepressant and get some Xanax to take the edge off occasionally. 

JTomo08
on 8/3/16 1:12 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

I was an emotional wreck before surgery. About 3 or 4 days before surgery I was home alone and had a "panic attack" (for lack of better word). I literally ordered Carside to Go from Applebees, drove a half hour to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried and ate my Applebees while sobbing in front of their grave. I didn't answer anyone's calls or texts for three hours. After that three hours I was fine. It's a major surgery and you will feel bad no matter what the outcome is going to be. I have had a roller coaster of emotions before and after my surgery. I balled in the hospital the day after surgery. It's normal!

mylastchance
on 8/3/16 1:27 pm

I think you need to try to relax,  don't think too much into this.  You and it sounds like many have had these types of meltdowns.  Have faith in the decision you have made for WLS.  Look at the bright side.  Yes it is life changing but only physically,  you are still you, just healthier and hopefully happier. 

You can't compare what others have gone through to the way you will feel.  If someone has gone through being a raging lunatic after surgery,  that doesn't mean that you will become one too. 

You are making what I believe you will find,  the best decision of your life.  You will most likely not have any regrets,  maybe short time moments of WHAT HAVE I DONE....but it will pass when you discover that What you have done is the best thing you could have done for yourself and possibly your family.  You will be healthier, happier, more active and you can pass on better eating habits as you learn them to people around you.

Try to breath, and relax and enjoy the ride that you are about to get onto.  I hope this has been some help.  It is just my 2 cents and I wish you the best and remember not to think about it too much,  it is making you crazy and I know you will get through this with flying colors.  Good luck and I will be watching for updates and rooting for you.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views