Lap-Band to VGS

LaurieAr
on 8/19/16 8:21 pm - knobel, ar

My story is a very long one.  I started out with Dr Woodman in memphis Tennessee and he messed me up really bad.  I took me 5 months to find me another dr to find out what was going on with me and it was really bed.  The band had grown into my stomach and my stomach had grown around the band like it wasn't even there anymore.  It just became part of my stomach.  4 surgeries later, Dr Jones saved my life.  I now have VSG and my anniversary date for that was June 30, 2016.  So, I've been doing great and eating clean and work out with a personal trainer 5 days a week.  I am now down to my goal weight of 119 and loving it.  My only concern is, when I eat I get deathly sick.  I'll break out in a sweat, nausea hits me and I have to lay down.  So I called my dr today and he put me on 40 mg prilosec 2 x a day and zofran and I'm suppose to call him back Monday to see how that has helped.  My thing is I just don't understand the sickness after being 1 year through the VSG.  I'm worried that there could be something wrong.  i am keeping food, drink and spit down.  No problems there.  Just a lot of nausea after I eat.  Has anybody experienced this and if so can you please tell me what you did to fix it or if the dr did something to fix it.  I'm really worried.  I work so hard to keep this weight in control and I don't want this to mess up.  Any advice would be welcoming.

please

Laurie

LeapSecond
on 8/20/16 4:15 am - AR

Sorry you are going through this.  My surgeon said he was taking out more bands than putting them in because of complications.  Erosion is common complication with the band.  Sounds like your doc is wanting to see if medical treatment helps first. I don't know what it is but you could google adhesions and stricture and see if that sounds like your symptoms.  Hope this helps. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Valerie G.
on 8/21/16 5:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

That is NOT at all normal.  Keep on top of the doc about this.  Given your complications, you cant be too careful

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

bandgirl
on 8/21/16 2:46 pm

I also had my band out with complications and in process of getting the sleeve.  My question is when did the nausea and sweat start?  Make that doctors appointment and while talking with them they might be able to tell you on the phone what to do before the appointment.  Good luck and the best thing that band is gone.

Side note I had a great doctor for the band did everything right the band is just nothing but problems.

Most Active