The hair loss...

ejirish
on 9/11/16 1:07 pm

Sleeved 5/23, down about 45...I know...I'm a SLOW loser! I went from a loose size 22W to a perfect fitting 16W... I'm SO PSYCHED about that! I get lots of compliments, and one girl asked me straight out if I had "the surgery"... I was shocked at first. I lied at first and said no, she caught me so off guard. But then she went on to tell me how she had the band- so then I told her the truth. I'm sure my whole company knows by now- but- its honestly not a secret- so its OK. 

On to my hair, WOW- its shedding at such a high rate. Its literally coming out by the hand fulls, everyday. Its SO depressing... I know not much can be done, I hope it passes soon. I still wouldnt change A THING... but I sure do wish my hair would stop falling out.  

Darcy G.
on 9/11/16 2:27 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Congratulations on your loss! It feels great, doesn't iit :)

I entered The Great Shedding in late June, and when I saw my surgeon iin July, he told me to do Biotin 10000 twice a day, 200mg Zinc per day, and adjust my protein from 60-80 more into the 80-100 range(which is desperately hard to do...), and my loss has slowed greatly. I don't know if it was coincidence or because of the diet changes, but I'm not inclined to drop the new system to test it out. YMMV.

:)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Gwen M.
on 9/11/16 5:02 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I shaved my head about six weeks post-op because I didn't want to deal with hair loss :)  It was awesome AND I raised $1500 for St. Baldricks!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Anita
on 9/11/16 6:12 pm

Me too.....surgery on June 6....down 38. Have significantly upped my biotin but will now try the zinc and more protein as well.....my doc said it should be okay after about 6 weeks........I really hope so because I won't look good with no hair.

Great job on the 45 pound loss....I also lose slowly, but as long as the numbers on the scale keep going down, I'm happy.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Valerie G.
on 9/12/16 10:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

No extra vitamins or fancy shampoos will stop telogen effluvium, however a makeover with some nice layers will help blend in your new growth..and let's face it, you deserve to pamper yourself about now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 57 views