Pre op going well!

jachristmas
on 9/28/16 5:05 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Met with the dietician today and had a follow up with my new surgeon..I lost 9.8 lbs since the consult last month, putting me at 42 lbs down since May 19th. We were both pleased with this! He said if I continue this he will not require me to do the 2 week liver shrinking diet, yay for that! And if I can lose 7 more lbs I will meet my first goal to be under 300 lbs before surgery (sometime in November he is estimating )

Sai F.
on 9/28/16 5:37 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

Great job. 42 lbs. is awesome. Not to have to go through the liver shrinking diet is a great reward. I had to do it and ewww. lol You'll be under 300 lbs in no time.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Anita
on 9/28/16 8:08 pm

Awesome job!! Before you know it, you'll be on your way to your surgery and then on the Loser's Bench!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

TimeToHealRich2016
on 9/29/16 12:07 am - CA
VSG on 07/11/16

Good job with the steadiness given that you had that hiccup when surgeon retired.

Only one thought....don't take your "foot of the pedal" at all based on your pleasure and success.  There will be times when you get a bit ****y (if you are like me) and you slip for a while.  I had a slow month and have just returned to being more aggressive with  weight loss and the exercise. 

Wishing you good luck when it becomes more difficult.

Rich

HW: 447 SW: 415 GW: 240 CW: 339 Total WL = 110

WL: Pre-op: -32 M1: -27 M2: -19 M3: -14 M4: -9 M5 & M6: -9 in progress

jachristmas
on 9/29/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

I do not wish to ever be ****y. I have been wanting this surgery for awhile and am excited to be getting close. I have never lost this much weight on any plan and am just so proud of myself for finally pushing myself and sticking to the plan. I have been amazed with the loss so far and just yesterday morning was paranoid and telling my husband I was scared to get weighed because it didn't feel like I had lost any more. I am following what the doctor and dietician are suggesting and it is working but by no means is it easy. My desire to be healthy has to overpower the cravings and bad habits every day... I have no delusions of this surgery being magic..I am preparing myself daily for the hard work ahead.. but my head and heart are in this and I am more determined than ever.

TimeToHealRich2016
on 9/29/16 11:41 pm - CA
VSG on 07/11/16

Well I am convinced that you will succeed with the bright attitude you have as well as the smarts you are gaining.  I hope I did not touch a nerve about ****iness...it only causes one to let down this/her guard.  My latest example was that I had a few mussels that my wife had ordered for dinner when out at a restaurant and forgot that, with rapid weight loss, high uric acid can lead to gout.  Needless to say, 7 days later, I am finally walking without a cane after taking colchicine for gout attack!  I think the smaller sleeve was the primary reason and, when people say surprised that I didn't think clearly of not having them since shellfish in past have given me some troubles, I let my guard down and remember the confident (not ****y) feeling I was having when out to dinner.  Ah well...hope you stay on top.

Rich in SoCal

HW: 447 SW: 415 GW: 240 CW: 339 Total WL = 110

WL: Pre-op: -32 M1: -27 M2: -19 M3: -14 M4: -9 M5 & M6: -9 in progress

Most Active