VSG & PREGNANCY

BeautifulMe84
on 10/2/16 7:43 am
VSG on 03/10/16

So I found out why I have been so emotional lately. I am expecting a baby. I am only about 7 months post op and I am terrified!! My doctors all reassured me that I will be fine. I just need to take my vitamins and follow up with all my appointments. I am a woman of GOD so I do not believe in abortion. My question is for those post op and have been through pregnancy. Was it a terrifying experience? Did you gain a lot of weight or lose weight still? My plan is to eat a healthy diet as I have been and continue to walk daily. This blessing will not hold me back by any means. I will continue with my weight loss journey once the baby is here. Pray for me.

Elle B.
on 10/2/16 11:29 am
VSG on 09/26/16

God has everything under control! Praying for all involved nothing but good health this day going forward!

diane S.
on 10/2/16 12:13 pm

my surgeon told me their practice has had about 60 healthy babies born sooner than expected after VSG. So talk to your doctor and believe what they say. I am sure you will do fine. Congrats.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

AMAZEBALLS
on 10/3/16 6:32 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Congrats on your pregnancy!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

kc82
on 10/4/16 11:10 am - MI
VSG on 05/28/13

I was 2.5 years post-op when I found out I was pregnant. This pregnancy was not planned, I was content not having children, and I was terrified of the weight gain after losing about 150 lbs. I weighed 165 lbs at my first prenatal appointment and when I delivered my son 4 months ago, I weighed 205 lbs (a weight I never wanted to see again). So I gained 40 lbs while pregnant. The good news? My son was 100% healthy, no issues at all. AND... I was BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks of delivery! My weight now fluctuates between 158 and 160 lbs! You and your little onewill be fine... this I promise! Congrats and enjoy your pregnancy! It goes fast! :)

"I have made the choices that work best for me. I know I cannot please everyone, and that's fine." - Marlee Matlin

Starting Weight: 311 lbs
Current Weight: 160 lbs
Height:
5'3"
Surgery Date:
5/28/13

Most Active