Update about my endoscopy

E_Saenz
on 10/7/16 4:34 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I had my endoscopy yesterday morning and I'm told I have another hiatal hernia causing severe asid reflux I'm not 100%sure but I think my surgon is going to revise to rny.  I have not lost 1 pound in 6 months and my surgery was 8/12/15 I am over a year post op.

Elia Maria Saenz

Bufflehead
on 10/7/16 4:55 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

More surgery is probably not what any of us want, but it sounds like you are getting excellent, proactive care. I hope you get your acid reflux cured/under control and that things are looking up for you soon.

White Dove
on 10/7/16 7:12 am - Warren, OH

Revising to RNY does sound like what is needed

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

stacyrg
on 10/7/16 9:32 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I revised to RNY on 7/1 to cure severe Reflux.  Just from my own experience, I wouldn't think it's just the hernia that's causing your problem.  I had an endoscopy to see if the acid was causing damage to my esophagus and during that test, my surgeon found another hiatal hernia.  He told me it was unlikely that the hernia was the sole cause of my reflux, given its severity and that repairing the hernia likely wouldn't provide me with full relief.  I would absolutely recommend converting to RNY from VSG.  I woke up from surgery acid free for the first time in a year and a half.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Kathy S.
on 10/7/16 10:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are sorry to hear all you are going through...  Keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Donna L.
on 10/7/16 11:14 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I am about to have an endoscopy for the same reason to diagnose the severity of the reflux.  I hope it works out for you, VSG GERD buddy!  Good luck :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

E_Saenz
on 10/7/16 1:46 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I called my surgeon office today because I was totally out of it when I left I asked what he saw and I have no hiatal hernia however the mouth of my stomach is not holding anything IN my stomach I have severe acid reflux and I'm hurting today.

Elia Maria Saenz

Donna L.
on 10/7/16 6:01 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

:( I am so sorry.  I hope they are able to fix it.  It sounds so horribly frustrating.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active