Frisco- $35 Breakfast Buffet-4oz. Do the math !!!

frisco
on 10/12/16 6:33 pm

I'm in Tokyo right now staying at a halfway swanky hotel and it has an included breakfast buffet.

It's $35 if it wasn't included.

A couple of travel tips for you newer peeps as this is what post WLS maintenance is like for me.

Tip one-Navigating a buffet:

What many don't know is the Japanese are French baked goods crazy, many that I've traveled with say the French baked goods are way better in Japan than in France and I concur. 

So, walk right past the bread table, the noodles, the huge pot of rice, the guy making pancakes, waffles and crepes. 

Tip two: When I travel I always bring ZipLock freezer bags.

For instance, on this trip I will load up my tray with normal person looking plates of food.

I eat my VSG portion and load up a baggie with protein forward foods. Here they always have sliced ham and cheese of very high quality. Put the baggie in the room fridge and I have food for lunches or snacks.

Tip three: My room has a fridge but no micro. If I want to warm up my food, I portion out into another baggie and submerge it in the sink full of ho****er, fifteen minutes later, warm food.

Here is my breakfast from this morning, only real bad thing is the ketchup has sugar in it. Not bad for me in maintenance, but it would be really bad if I had a piece bread also. The second dish is cold tofu with scallions and soy sauce.

I love bread, rice, noodles, potatoes, cookies and cake, that never changed for me and I do eat those things on occasion. But I know if I start eating those things regularly I will get fat again.

Hope this helps !!! 

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

missc_26
on 10/13/16 2:00 am
VSG on 10/03/16

Nice one thanks for taking the time to give us your tips. I've never been to Japan but the zip lock bags will work anywhere :)

AK_Gipson
on 10/13/16 9:24 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I thought I was the only one that takes ziploc bags everywhere LOL

Love the tip for warming up food in the sink. Thanks :) 

Hope you enjoy your trip and post pics of tourist spots ...

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

psychoticparrot
on 10/13/16 4:06 pm

Buffets are usually a waste of money for sleevers, but only you, Frisco, could have found a way to make it work for you. Awesome! And thanks for the tips. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views