Sleeved 10/24 - esophageal tightening??

STLgirl82
on 10/28/16 10:54 am

Hi everyone!  I was recently Sleeved on Monday and my surgeon told me that after they put anesthesia tube down my windpipe they couldn't get the measuring device down my esophagus and because of all the maneuvering I have a swollen esophagus.  It's a bit painful to even swallow tiny amounts of water.  I'm terrified to try my vitamin pill.  Has anyone had this happen?

Tracy D.
on 10/28/16 11:58 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's very normal for the esophagus to get irritated and swollen after having a tube down there for surgery.  I noticed a big difference after about 3-4 weeks were it got much easier to swallow water, etc. because the swelling had gone down.  

At less than 1 week post-op, I wouldn't have dared try taking a pill. Not because it was going to hurt my stomach but because I could totally envision it getting stuck on the way down! See if it's OK to chop it up or cut it in half.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

STLgirl82
on 10/28/16 7:07 pm

Hi!  I've been just breaking it open into a bit of protein shake, but yuck!  

AK_Gipson
on 10/28/16 1:04 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

Shouldn't you be on chewables? My doctor said chewable vits for at least 3 months. 2 and a half years out I still use gummy vitamins and chews for calcium...

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

STLgirl82
on 10/28/16 7:09 pm

My Dr had me taking my normal, small-time meds on post op day 2.  I don't recall him saying chewable, but that makes sense!  What gummies do you get?

AK_Gipson
on 10/29/16 6:30 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I couldn't take the gummies until 3 months out. I ordered chewable everything online. It was recommended on this site.... Bariatric something.com..  Bariatricadvantage.com? Maybe...

now I get great value adult multivitamins gummies, and viactiv calcium chews. Chewable iron, vitamin d, biotin. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/28/16 7:03 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Check with your Dr about the vitamins. Your new stomach might have a hard time digesting it. Getting in water rather than trying to choke down a vitamin pill is probably more important. If you can swing it, try using the multivitamin patch. At least you'll be able to get your vitamins in till your throat & stomach is more healed up.

There's a 30% off promotion going on right now, just look to the right of the page for the code. I think its obesityhelp.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views