NSV

AK_Gipson
on 11/14/16 5:22 pm
VSG on 04/14/14

today I had to take my dog to the vet. She apparently jumped off my daughters bed and wrenched her back. Which is a lot better outcome than what we thought she had done. So she got a cortisone shot and 10 days of anti inflammatory and pain meds.... Not the NSV lol 

I had to take her in a box (she is a little dog 11 pounds only) so I wasn't hurting her by carrying her. She is old, about 13 years old. And was scared to death. So I couldn't sit down because she would try to get out of the box to get to me. So I stood at the counter with her, holding her. For about an hour! A freaking hour! And then I got on the floor to do exercises that doc needed her to do.  No way before surgery could I have carried the box and then held her. Or stood. I would have made a beeline to the nearest chair. But not today! I was able to do what needed to be done.

Sometimes I am still amazed at what I can do now, that I could never have done before. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Anita
on 11/14/16 6:56 pm

Awesome ...for both of you. Congrats and I hope your pup is feeling better soon!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/16 9:08 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Totally feeling for you and your fur baby.  My GSD had x-rays last night for a spinal issue and she was put on prednisone and pain killers last night.  Hoping and praying they both heal.  

What a great feeling to be able to have better stamina and physical strength.  So happy for your NSV. 

rachelp
on 11/15/16 9:33 am
VSG on 08/01/16

NSV's are such an awesome feeling but how amazing is it when you can actually help somebody else by not being MO!!! 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Kathy S.
on 11/15/16 11:01 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active