Just a little smile here, and some 2 cents to others who may be in my boat.

rissa1224
on 11/18/16 5:28 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So, to back track quickly, my lowest weight since VSG 12/2012 (highest weight 326) was 180 about 2 years out. I was one of those who just ate the world after a while, because my stomach can tolerate it. Welp, I got up to 222. I was around 219-220 for a while. I now decide to weigh back to once a week, and do it on Friday mornings, and for the most part try to track my food on MFP. I have not gone above 216.6. I felt bloated after the 1 night I went to dinner this week that was full of salt so for the next 3 days I really cut back on the salt intake (although I never really eat that much salt), and it so helped. The number may not have really changed below 216 (yet!) but, I am not above it and my belt doesn't feel like its suffocating the blubber.

For those who have regained, trust me, its (not okay) it's okay. You can get back to this. You don't have to 'suffer" by drinking liquids for a week to jump start (as I have read some do). I make my foods at home, and only eat what I bring to both jobs, including 'just in case' snacks. I devour my food still, I love food! But, taking your time to eat will help. I have started putting the fork down between bites. Sitting and waiting for the food to go down before taking another bite. Back to those basics. I enjoy what I eat, if I feel like I am not enjoying my food, I will just say "F it" and go crazy. Not anymore!

My go to snack lately has been a cheese stick. ONE, but I usually bring 2 to work since my days are long and sometimes I just want to chew. 0 carbs and 7 protein. I'll take it! Also, making chicken skewers grilled, (or buy them pre grilled from Costco and they're like 20something grams of protein, and yum) and gnaw on that bugger if need be. As I am always on the go - I like to grab an on the go food. Also, any more ideas please post!

Don't fret over Thanksgiving, if you are. You know what you can/should eat. Eat that and only that. I know for my big Italian family, we have Antipasto, MEATS AND CHEESE, PEOPLE. Glorious. I am splitting my holiday this year so, Antipasto is with my family, Thanksgiving dinner & dessert are with my boyfriends family. I already have an idea about the menu, and planned on what to put on my plate and what to just pretend I'm eating, but not eat it - bread, mashed potatoes, etc.

We got this!

NYMom222
on 11/18/16 6:36 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I plan and a good attitued always work!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

roxytrim
on 11/18/16 6:44 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Great ideas from a 'been there...done that' gurl.

Kathy S.
on 11/18/16 10:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I sent you a list of steps on getting back to the basics that helped me. Thank you for sharing and the encouraging words!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Jevelynne
on 11/18/16 12:51 pm
VSG on 10/26/15

A few high protein, quick snacks that I do are:

Protein trail mix (homemade) with dry roasted edamame, roasted chickpeas, a little sunflower seeds, tiny amount of dried fruits, I will also cut up a little jerky and put it in, and a cheese stick if I need, (but jerky and cheese go in when I eat so I don't have to keep the other parts refrigerated.)

Protein Pudding (the standard sugar free pudding mix, made with mix and protein powder)

Protein Hot Cocoa (NSA coco , scoop of protein, milk) (hint: mix dry powder together first a lot, heat some, stir again, heat more, stir again - helps with lumps)

I do my Greek Yogurt as a snack a lot too!

Hopefully there is something new for you to try with these.

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views