Of all the places....

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 12/8/16 5:08 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

So this Saturday evening I have a surprise birthday party to attend at SPAGHETTI WAREHOUSE!!! This will be my first time eating out since my surgery 3 months ago. I have already looked over the menu and had planned on the grilled chicken and steamed veggies, until I found out its going to be in a party room with a buffet. I'll be honest, I'm freaking out a bit about this. I haven't had any pasta, breads, etc since before surgery because i'm trying to hold off on eating that type of food again as long as possible. I'm hoping that there will be some dishes i can just pick the meat from and maybe a lite salad. The garlic bread is gonna be a huge temptation, but  if I made it through thanksgiving without touching the rolls, i can do this! Any suggestions or words of encouragement? Thanks! 

Grim_Traveller
on 12/8/16 5:31 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I tried a roll 9 months after surgery, and it felt like I ate a brick. At three months, I'd be seriously afraid of barfing if I ate bread or pasta. 

Maybe have a nice piece of chicken at home before the party, and skip the Pisketty Warehouse food altogether.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Anita
on 12/8/16 6:22 pm

You can do this!!! Just go for the protein and be careful to not take any of the bad stuff......you've done well so far......just listen to your stomach when it tells you you're done eating....this is not the time to experiment. Don't let the fear take over what should and will be a fun time. Protein first, then maybe a little salad if there's room. You've got it!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

White Dove
on 12/8/16 7:03 pm - Warren, OH

Meatball and salad

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Valerie G.
on 12/9/16 4:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Pray for meatballs!  They'll be fabulous covered with parmesan

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rissa1224
on 12/9/16 5:16 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

As always, look for proteins! I would avoid all the bad carbs. It doesn't sit well. Plus, its a trigger and (like me) you can get back to old habbits. You got this. Don't panic. Like mentioned above - have some dense protein at home first so you aren't tempted as much. Be careful with creamy sauces too, that feels heavy on me - still. Have fun though!

roxytrim
on 12/9/16 7:12 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Remember...it is about the SURPRISE and not the food.

rachelp
on 12/9/16 8:37 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Eat something before you go. You won't be very hungry and if you are then just get a meatball or chicken from the fettuccine Alfredo. You won't feel so panicky about being hungry and I think you will be surprised at how well you will do.  You got this  

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Mell
on 12/9/16 11:38 am

Call in advance and ask what will be served. This way you can get a plan in order. And drink LOTS of water, like keep guzzling it. That is what I do. Or order what you want. I have done this before where I just go to the bar place an order for my food and just eat that.  Good luck.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Rachel B.
on 12/9/16 11:53 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Eat something light before you go.  Pack cheese stick and protein bar just in case!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active