OA / Support

Stacy_WLS
on 12/16/16 8:27 am

I just had a big click in my head!

One of the tenets of a 12 step program is that as you recover you need to give back support to others.  In giving back support you are also helping yourself continue to heal.  

I left the boards for a long time, and have returned because my husband is going through the process.  But being here and responding to newbies helps me too. 

I'm going to try to stick around for a while.  (seflishly -- but maybe I can help someone along the way).

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Laura in Texas
on 12/16/16 9:00 am

Awesome. We have missed your posts. I know you help a lot of people here and glad you are going to try to be more active here.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LostStar
on 12/16/16 10:42 am

Well then, it's a win-win for a newbie like myself. I will gladly let you use me for selfish reasons, because I in turn then get selfishly benefited. So let's all be selfishly selfish together ;-)

diane S.
on 12/16/16 1:32 pm

Excellent point. I''ve been hanging around here since month before my surgery which was 7 years ago. While I mostly post in the maintenance group, I cruise around the main forum to see whats interesting and to offer the occasional word of advice. I never thought of it as part of recovery to give back but in truth it does me as much good as whomever I offer thoughts. 

So everyone of all levels of experience should chime in. You never know who you will help - including yourself.    Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views