One week post op.

jachristmas
on 12/21/16 7:05 am
VSG on 12/14/16

Today makes a week since I was sleeved. I am feeling pretty good.. no pain, just some tenderness and itching at my incisions as they heal..no vomiting, but I did have a fair bit of nausea in the recovery room and at home the first day or 2 (thank goodness for zofran). The little tummy and I are getting to know each other, lol. He grumbles, rumbles, and "talks" to me frequently, and is very opinionated about his likes/dislikes. I am tolerating my liquids well, but am very much hoping that at my follow-up appt next week I will be cleared for soft food stage. It takes me a while, but I manage to sip down all my protein and as much water as I can, though crystal light and propel seem to work better than plain water. I quickly figured out which flavors and temperatures were ok or not. With all the holiday parties and readily available goodies, the head hunger gets really hard sometimes, but I push on. I am really looking forward to a new year and a healthy me! Thank you all for your advice and support, and my wish is that as I embark on my journey that I will be able to pay it forward and something I experience will help someone else on theirs. Wishing a Merry Christmas to you all!

Angela5720
on 12/21/16 8:23 am
VSG on 01/10/17

have you been tired or exhausted  at all?  I am getting sleeved 1/10/2017 and so excited to start my journey! 

jachristmas
on 12/22/16 12:02 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

I do get tired a lot easier, but it is manageable. I take small walks, and have done some light shopping with family. I make sure to keep my water with me and rest when I need to, and I do enjoy my cat naps these days, lol. Good luck on your journey!

rachelp
on 12/21/16 9:08 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Congrats! Sounds like you are doing just fine! Merry Christmas!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/16 9:12 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Merry Christmas to you too!  Sounds like you are adapting to your new tummy and doing well.  My tummy still rumbles and grumbles.  Plain water is still a challenge, my tastebuds changed but people keep saying it will improve.  The head hunger is still challenging at times but seems to be improving with time.

dawncoates
on 12/21/16 9:35 am
VSG on 12/07/16

Hi my name is Dawn, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. They just advanced my diet so I am on solid foods. I love the way you described your new tummy. Mines talks to me as well and she definitely has her dislikes and lets me know. I think I thought I would wake up and look like Beyoncé and I have had to adjust to a slow and healthy process that is about to take place. I have only lost 7 pounds thus far and I feel nauseated a lot.

Most Active