Stomach and Waistline

Laura in Texas
on 1/7/17 11:05 am

I think your shape pretty much stays the same, albeit smaller. Are you worried your waist will get too small? I have never heard anyone say that was a "problem".

I will say with me, I was hourglass shaped before I lost weight, and still am. I am the same weight I was when I was in my 20's, but my waist is 2 inches larger now than it was then.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ebonymc
on 1/7/17 3:14 pm
On January 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM Pacific Time, Laura in Texas wrote:

I think your shape pretty much stays the same, albeit smaller. Are you worried your waist will get too small? I have never heard anyone say that was a "problem".

I will say with me, I was hourglass shaped before I lost weight, and still am. I am the same weight I was when I was in my 20's, but my waist is 2 inches larger now than it was then.

No, I have a lot around my mid section and was hoping that I could use this tool to help lose as much around the stomach and waist area as possible. I know that plastics could help, but I'm older and was hoping that a lot of the fat would slim down from this problem area...l was also hoping that the sleeve could give nice waistline results as RNY does.  weather which surgery to have wasn't my intended question. 

happyteacher
on 1/7/17 12:34 pm

I went from a full on apple shape to slim and trim. Prior to the TT I had some rolls still from extra skin. After TT perfectly flat. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

grayC
on 1/7/17 12:37 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Well, let me tell you what's happened to me...

Im an apple, I am SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than I was, 

that being said, even after a lower body lift to rid myself

of what I saw as something just waiting to inflate, 

I am still not happy with my waist area,

flat as a board, YES,  but boxy, then again I always was..

do I think I can improve it with exercise, YUP, absolutely!

I just have to do it.. There's the problem, I'm complacent

I'm ok, not unhappy, not totally happy...

dont know if I ever will be, no matter what I do, 

just think it's a lot of head stuff and LAZINESS!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/7/17 1:15 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I think it depends on what your body shape is to start with. I don't think people will go from an apple shape to a pear or hourglass shape after any kind of wls. I think they just go to a smaller pear or apple shape.

While I was losing I lost everywhere, my shape is still the same, just a smaller one.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

grayC
on 1/7/17 7:01 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

So true T..

I was an apple, will always be an apple

but I WANNABE a hourglass!

i say to myself delusional much?

????

Grim_Traveller
on 1/7/17 1:22 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It doesn't matter which surgery you had, or even if you had surgery at all. Lose x number of pounds, you will look the way your body will look. Some lose faster in their middle, some in their butt, etc etc. There's no way to control it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mama85x2
on 1/7/17 2:15 pm - OR

I completely agree =)

ebonymc
on 1/7/17 3:23 pm
On January 7, 2017 at 9:22 PM Pacific Time, Grim Traveller, Boy Hag wrote:

It doesn't matter which surgery you had, or even if you had surgery at all. Lose x number of pounds, you will look the way your body will look. Some lose faster in their middle, some in their butt, etc etc. There's no way to control it.

I think you're right. I'm a lot stomach and no butt, that's what I'm afraid of LOL..

Rachel B.
on 1/7/17 4:27 pm, edited 1/7/17 8:28 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm working with a trainer now, as opposed to when I originally lost my weight.  We are doing a pretty serious ab routine and my abs are WAY tighter now (aka waist smaller) than before.  Nothin helps my butt...  basketball bunz...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views