NSV

Anita
on 1/28/17 4:12 pm

Well....I finally got myself to the gym!!! Did the treadmill because I want to work up to other machines "slowly"......actually, just didn't want to overdo things my first time out. I did 40 minutes at 2.8 miles (keep in mind that at 71 years old and 5' "tall" I have short legs and there's just so fast they can go......) I covered a mile and a half and burned approximately 122 calories. I feel good and plan on doing my best to go at least 4 times a week.

My other NSV made me smile all the way home. My gym clothes from when I had been at my low weight after my lap-band, are all too big. So, I hopped in to JC Penney to take advantage of their sale. Woo hoo.....I went to the 'regular" department......for the first time in years NOT the Women's department. I tried on the XL and OMG......they were too big!!!! I am floating on air that I skipped a whole size and was able to buy a pair of workout pants in an L. I couldn't believe it!!! I had to buy the XL for the jacket, but that's okay.....the "girls" are still holding on to almost their original size for now. 

I also ordered a bathing suit through a catalog (a first for me.......but I took a chance). The last bathing suit I bought was a 22.....this one.........14. It will look better in about 10 pounds, but it's good!!! The gym I'm going to has a pool and I plan on getting some use out of both the pool and the suit.

Now a question......kind of silly, but........there's a new exercise thing on the market that I've seen in BB&B that is kind of like a curved hoverboard. It's one of these things that you stand on each end and kind of twist and balance. It's supposed to work your core and hips. It's pretty cheap....I can't remember what it's called, but it's one of the products that Laurie Grenier on Shark Tank bought into. Anyhow, my question is....has anyone used it and what do you think? I'm starting a new job in a week or so and I'll be working from home, so my commute will be about 15 steps (great for those days when the roads are icy) and I want to be able to do something that will be fun. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Did I mention that I love my sleeve??? Well, I do!!! Surgery was June 6 and I'm down 60 pounds and most of all, I feel fabulous!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Cathy H.
on 1/28/17 4:27 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Congrats on all the NSVs!  And I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.qvc.com/Simply-Fit-Core-Workout-Board-by-Lori-Gre iner.product.H208069.html

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Anita
on 1/28/17 4:45 pm

That's it!! Thanks. I'd be curious to hear what others have to say if they've used it. I'm thinking of picking it up as I'll be able to use it here while I'm working....I am determined to get my core back in shape.....that's been a real problem for me and I kind of think this looks good.

VSGAnn2014
on 1/28/17 5:06 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Anita, I'm 71 years old, too.  Have lost 100 pounds and have maintained at 135 pounds the last year.  You're doing great.  Keep it up.  :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Readyjwc
on 1/28/17 5:15 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Congrats on the NSV!!!! I think they would work because it's like doing "the twist". Give it a try - nothing to lose. May have fun in the process!

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

diane S.
on 1/29/17 10:25 am

Always fun to drop a size or two and be out of the "Women's World" Department.  Congrats.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/17 12:20 pm

So my great Aunt bought me one of those boards off of qvc as a Christmas present (can't say I was overly thrilled about that...she also donated money to a Catholoc church in my name because she hates that I'm Protestant lol, anyway I digress). Personally, I'm not a fan of it. It's a little hokey. But my real issue with it is that I'm a big girl and balance isn't my forté. To me, it feels like a death trap. I rather just do some sit ups. That being said, if you have decent balance, you could always give it a try, it might work for you! I mean, no harm in trying. Right?

Anita
on 1/29/17 5:50 pm

Thanks for the chuckle.....and the information. My balance is good....I just may try it. Will let you all know if I fall off it though.

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/17 11:13 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Congratulations, Anita!  Your hard work is paying off.  Amazing accomplishments.  Not sure how good it would be for the knees, twisting motion???  Like others, I have seen it advertised on QVC.

Kathy S.
on 1/30/17 11:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WAY TO GO!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active