Liquid diet for 4 weeks

mama_of_two
on 2/1/17 8:26 am - UT

How did you get through your liquid diet? I am determined to make things easier for my surgeon and stick to this. I will be starting it in a few weeks. I can have as much broth as I want but only 2 protein shakes a day as well as some sugar free jello, some orange juice and 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese. 

Obviously this is significantly less then what I usually eat. 

How did you do the liquid diet while still doing all of the active things you do each day like your full time active job and still have enough energy? 

For example, I have 4 children including a rambunctious 2 year old boy. I am very busy chasing him around as well as the other duties of a homemaker and caring for my other children. 

Also, I'm not going to have enough energy to exercise on this liquid diet.

Whenever I restrict my calories this much at my BMI of 53, I am sick and I have to lay down because I feel so hungry.

I just don't know how I'm going to this and still do what I need to do each day. 

Readyjwc
on 2/1/17 10:02 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi -

As each doctor is different, I only had to be on a liquid diet one day before and now two weeks after. It's I'm on my second week and it's hard. I have one protein shake a day but put unjury protein powder in SF pudding, broth (under 140degress) and in my yogurt.  It helps a lot. It also fills me up. Unjury makes a chicken soup as well.

You just have to keep your eye on the ball and hang in there. If it gets REALLY tough don't break down - have a hard-boiled or scrambled egg and then keep on going!

I hope the best for you. Keep us posted. You CAN do this!

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

DubfromBP
on 2/1/17 1:49 pm
VSG on 10/13/15

I did the 14 day liquid diet leading up to surgery and then 4 weeks of the same post op.

My liquid diet consisted of 3-4 protein shakes and non calorie drinks each day.

It passed really quickly.

I took the vets advice and remained focused on the fact that it is simply a TEMPORARY stage that will have a known start and stop point.  It helped the time pass swiftly and the results on the scale were a near daily reinforcement that I was on track to a successful outcome.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Most Active