Update with pic

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 2/1/17 4:03 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Hello all, I thought I would post an update since this week will mark 1 year since I started my weight loss journey. A year ago was when I decided to call the surgeons office recommended to me and get signed up for the mandatory orientation. I left that orientation with a date for two weeks later for my first appointment. It was at this appointment I learned my insurance required a 6 month doctor supervised diet. I called my PCP that same day and she set me up to come in first thing the next morning. I'm still shy about telling people my starting weight because I still have a ways to go but I will say my BMI was 60. The 6 mo that flew by and everything went well. I lost 40 pounds pre op and was sleeved Sept 12,2016. I was lucky enough to have such an easy surgery. I had very little pain, no nausea and was up walking on my own constantly at the hospital the 3 days I was there. Today one year later I have lost 94 pounds! While I still have a ways to go, I already feel so much better and have so many little NSV's that make each day better! I did not take a pre surgery picture but I do have a pretty close pic from 3 years ago. The mirror pic was me 1 week ago after fitting in clothes that are two sizes smaller I dug out of my closet. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/17 4:58 pm

Congratulations! The difference is REALLY noticeable. You've done a great job! 

roxytrim
on 2/1/17 5:20 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Nice work to date LeslieW....what is your most favorite NSV so far?

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 2/1/17 5:51 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

My fave NSV so far would have to be fitting in chairs with arms so much better. In January I was at the Dentist, eye doctor and salon and I didn't feel squished into the chairs or like they where about to break. I actually had room to move in them and wasn't spilling out the sides. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/17 4:01 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I have turned many a chair into kindling wood or scrap metal. I know the feeling. Congratulations on your progress!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/2/17 7:04 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM Pacific Time, LittleBillJr wrote:

I have turned many a chair into kindling wood or scrap metal. I know the feeling. Congratulations on your progress!

These were one of my biggest fears last July. Uneven ground, cheap plastic chairs it's a recipe for a fat man disaster.

sds0029
on 2/2/17 4:36 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Congratulations ? 

sjgirl123
on 2/2/17 5:02 am
VSG on 01/26/16

Congrats! You look amazing and I'm sure you have worked super hard! I had a very high BMI also. I am going to do my one year update today. But if you ever have questions or need a so buddy let me know!

rissa1224
on 2/2/17 5:47 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Ah-mazing. The neck. I loved when I had a neck and felt that I actually had collar bones! It only gets better!

Kelly Jean
on 2/2/17 9:45 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Way to go girl congrats ð?'?ð?'?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views