VSG 5-10-13

HippieDreads
on 2/26/17 2:37 am

As you see it's been almost 4 years since I had surgery. What a ride it's been. I started at 229 day of surgery and am 202 now. My lowest weight was 177. My doctor didn't really direct me in the right direction. Ex... He told me I could crackers and eat mac n cheese immediately after surgery. Stuff like that. Well no surprise I didn't lose all my weight and gained it back quickly. I got up to 222 and got back on track.  I lost 20 lbs in about three weeks eating like I'm supposed to but didn't stick to it due to an ulcer and not being able to keep down protein. It was too hard on my stomach. I've been taking two prilosec a day as per doctors orders trying to help the ulcer and I'm giving it a go again on the right track. It's been a few months since I was on it last. I stopped around Christmas time. It took me about three weeks to lose 20 lbs. Now I would be happy to lose 3 lbs a week. I'm really trying to do better. I'm going out with my husband for short walks every day now. Even with yesterdays winter blast I stayed out for about  a half hour. He has RC cars so we follow that around trails. I had a salad for breakfast... long story but due to concussion I keep very strange hours. I've been awake since midnight and ate around 3:30 am. I'm going to TRY to work out on the punching bag today. If I can make myself do it. I'm going to make eggs around 10 am and then around 4 I"m making a recipe I came up with. It's layering cheese, sauce and cauliflower like a lasagna except no noodles. I hope it turns out good. i've never made it before. 

roxytrim
on 2/26/17 5:12 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

It sounds like you may have missed the whole post WSL best food practice part.  Perhaps you can contact your surgeon's office to see if you can get into a nutrition class.  Better late than never.

Valerie G.
on 2/26/17 10:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Now that your eyes are wide open about what you should be eating, you can give this some real educated effort.  That being said, it's going to be harder this time now that you're a couple of years out, so expect that. 

I've had great success with lasagna subbing noodles for thin sliced eggplant and zucchini (whichever I find)

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Rachel B.
on 2/26/17 12:04 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Hey Hippie-gal!  It's good to see you back.  I've been wondering what happened to you!  Keep in contact!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active